My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Friday, October 8, 2010

How to...Create an Easel Card

An Easel Card has the best of both worlds...you can see the card front, the sentiment, and the person sending the card...all at once!

This is a visual of how I create my Easel Cards!
Measurements
Cut a strip of paper...4 1/2 inches x 11 inches
Score at...2 3/4 inches and 5 1/2 inches
Fold on the score lines and set aside
This is the base of the card

Cut a card front...4 1/2 inches x 5 1/2 inches
Cut another piece 4 1/2 inches x 2 3/4 inches
This forms the base for the sentiment
Cut another piece...4 inches x 2 1/4 inches for the sentiment

After I get all the sections cut and scored, I will create my card front and the greeting section.  Then put the card together.

Side view of completed easel card
Just in case the person that receives the card doesn't know how to unfold the card, I have printed instructions just above the greeting label.  I cut out the strip and attach...

**Easel Card**
Prop the bottom of the card front HERE
                                 

The other side view of the easel card

Completed easel card!

No comments: