My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Iris-Folding using Ribbon

I enjoy creating cards with the Iris-Folding technique.  I discovered that using ribbon is a great alternative to paper! 

Iris-Folding is using strips of paper (in this case, ribbon) to add color, pattern and texture to a negative image.  The term, Iris, come from the small empty space that is always in the middle of the image...like the iris of an eye.

There are many places on the Internet that give instructions and images for Iris-Folding.  Take some time to discover the wonderful art of Iris-Folding.

My favorite website for Iris-Folding...   http://www.circleofcrafters.com/


Here are some cards that I have made using ribbon...



3 comments:

Carol said...

WOW ... these cards are beautiful. I've never tried this before, it looks complicated ... but I truly love the look! GREAT JOB!

Carla said...

Beautiful! I love that technique but have never tried it myself.

Brens Designs said...

Wow! How awesome! Looks like you would need a ton of patience to do such beautiful work. Love them.