My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Just a little about me!

I feel so honored!  I have followers!  How cool is that!!

There are many beautiful things to see in this world and some are so much more precious than others.  A small child sleeping or her eyes so bright with wonder, a beautiful sunset or fabulous landscape, a pair of quail walking down a country road with their little ones in tow, and the list keeps going! 

For me, I have always loved the color and texture of paper. I remember as a small child I would go to my aunt and uncle's house just before Valentines Day and decorate a shoebox for the annual party at school.  My aunt always had such marvelous crafting stuff...construction paper, glue, scissors, glitter, letter stencils, tape, etc.  She would be so patient with me as I worked for hours creating the most beautiful Valentine's Day box!  How proud I was to take that decorated box to school the next day! 

I think that Valentines Day crafting was the beginning of my love of paper!  Now, that I am much older and can indulge myself in this love of paper, I believe I am addicted to obtaining and crafting with beautiful paper.  It is truly amazing that I have a separate room in my home for papercrafting!  What fun!

In 2008 I became aware of the Cricut electronic diecutting machine.  As soon as I saw the infomercial, I knew I wanted one of those amazing machines.  After talking with my husband, I ordered the machine and I haven't looked back since!  This machine opened a new world of paper crafting!

At the present time I love making cards.  I do not say this lightly.  I truly have a deep contentment and feeling of accomplishment when I am creating a new card.  My family, friends, local churches, and others, have benefitted from this obsession!  Just a side note...I love to make cards, but I am the world's worst at sending them!!!

I have been married for 35 years and have 3 children and 2 grandchildren. I am a Christian and have become very involved in the music ministry in my local church.  In 2006, I retired from teaching and started a second career of doing just about anything I wanted to do...and it is a great life!

My life verse is taken from Philippians 4:6-7
(6)Don't worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.(7)And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I hope you enjoy this Blog.  I leave you with this thought...
For God loved the world in this way:  He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.   John 3:16

No comments: