My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Card using Cricut Cartridge INSPIRED HEARTS and the Gypsy

I welded an image and layer to create a Christmas card using the Cricut Cartridge INSPIRED HEARTS.
The blue background is cut from a plastic index card that I bought at Big Lots!  There are 26 cards in the pack and several colors.  This plastic cuts great in the Expression!

To create the card, you will need the following supplies...
**I am using the nativity scene, the (Shift) layer of the nativity scene, the Gypsy, and 12x12 mat.  I placed 2 nativity scenes on the Gypsy 12x12 mat and 1 of the layer.  I reduced the size of the layer until it was the same size as the nativity scene.  I checked the size of the layer by moving it over the nativity scene until it was the same size.

**Using the Gypsy feature, I flipped the reduced layer and welded 1 of the nativity scenes to the right of the layer.  There should be an extra nativity scene on the mat.

**Loaded a 12x12 mat into the Expression and cut the welded card base and extra nativity image.


**I cut the head and shoulder off the layer section with scissors. This will create the card when it is folded.

**I cut the blue plastic index card to fit just inside the edges of the nativity scene.  Then glued the blue plastic to the image.  You will be gluing the blue plastic to the front of the card.  The extra nativity scene will be placed over the plastic to form the front of the card.

**I ran the second nativity scene through the Xyron 500.  Scrubbed away the loose glue, turned the image over, and ran it through the Xyron 500.  Both sides are now covered in glue and plastic backing.

**Remove the plastic backing from the front of the nativity image and coat the image with fine glitter.

**Peel the glittered image off the plastic backing and clean away the loose glitter and glue.

**Carefully lay the glittered image over the image on the card front.  This will "sandwich" the blue plastic between the images.

**Create the sentiment on the inside of the card. Fold the card base so that the front and back are even.





2 comments:

txscrapper said...

Love you blog. Please visit my blog. I have something for you. http://countrychickcreations.blogspot.com/

Inkyfingers said...

Wow, this is such a clever idea, and it looks just beautiful. I don't have the Gypsy, just Design Studio, but I have to confess that I haven't used it much because I could do with a tutorial on the features. Thanks so much for your encouragement.
Hugs
Carol x