My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Collage meets Cricut Cartridge COUNTRY LIFE!

In an earlier post, I told you about a large collage I created on Saturday to use with cards.  I included just about anything I could find!  What a fun day I had arranging and gluing!



Here is my first card using my collage sheet and the "Mary Jane" image from the Cricut Cartridge COUNTRY LIFE!



**I turned the collage sheet over, turned it around a couple times, and cut out a rectangle.  At this point, I am not sure what I will have until I cut the piece out and turn it over.


**I traced the rectangle on the backside of the paper and cut it out with a craft knife.  I had to get out the big craft knife to cut through all the layers.


**When I turned the rectangle over, I began to select colors from the section.  I decided to use "Mary Jane" from COUNTRY LIFE.


**I cut the image, shadow, and layers at 3 inches.  I cut several of the layers and images so that if I made a mistake, I would have extra pieces.

**I then began the task of putting everything together, arranging the pieces, and putting the final touches on the card.

**The sentiment and layer on the outside "Old Fashioned" was cut at 3/4 inch.  The sentiment for the bottom portion "Warm Wishes" was cut at 1 inch.


**I am sure that I will never repeat this particular card!  However, I am already planning my next Collage Card using COUNTRY LIFE!

4 comments:

Jodie R said...

Wow! Carolyn this is gorgeous! I want to try something like this now. You did an amazing job!

Michele said...

This is really cool! Thank you for the inspiration!

Rose said...

What a cool technique! I once saw something similar where you could glue down a bunch of your scraps onto a frame and then cut off all the excess, this reminds me of that. Thanks for sharing.

Mara said...

I LIKE it!