My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday to Everyone! Cuttlebug Storage and Cricut Expression Tips!

***CUTTLEBUG**

My first ProvoCraft tool was the Cuttlebug!  It is such a wonderful machine, and still is one of my favorite!  What is not to love about a tool that embosses and cuts!

**This is where I store my Cuttlebug, dies, folders, and tools.  I bought chinese take-out several months ago and the food came in this box.  One day I plan to cover the box with pretty paper, but that is a 'ROUND TO-IT'!
**I have extra Cuttlebug cuts and embossed papers.  I store these in a basket with a handle.  I am not sure where I bought this basket, but I think it was at Walmart.  These slide onto shelves and are so easy to pull out.


***CRICUT EXPRESSION***

**I use my Cricut Expression several times a week.  I have found this center to be the easiest to use.  The table is an old microwave table that I had finished.  I found the bookcase at a local office store.  The hanging wire baskets are from Walmart.  The baskets hold the Gypsy/equipment, Cricut Markers, and other related equipment.


**The beauty of this bookcase is that I can open my Expression and use it and the 12x12 mat goes under the bookcase in that small opening!  I rarely use the 12x24 mat, but when I do, I move the E to a larger surface to work.


**I use a plastic box to hold extra Cricut cuts.  I have a handmade folder for each cart and the images are stored in their own folder!


**I have 40-45 Cricut Cartridges.  I will only purchase a cart if there is enough images on the cart to make the purchase worthwhile!  Some of my carts I would have never purchased, but I receved carts as promotions and/or gifts.

I really appreciate all the work that has been done by Cricut.com message board members in making charts, indexes, and searches for images on the Cricut Cartridges.  These are valuable tools when you need that one perfect cut for a project!

I love to organize and sort.  So, I started making an index of each handbook as I receved a new cartridge.  I put all the indexes into a 3-ring binder and when I want a certain image or want to know what is on a cart, I open the binder and search.

Here is a visual of my indexes, using A CHILD'S YEAR as an example.

**For each cart, I enlarge the overlay by 165% and print a copy.

**For each cart, I enlarge the back of the box by 200% and print a copy in color

**Using the handbook, I list the image number on the overlay (#1 in the top left corner/#50 in the bottom right corner) and the corresponding page number in the handbook.  Then I list all the images/phrases/words/etc that is available for the cartridge.  Sometimes I can get all the information on one sheet, but sometimes it takes 2 or 3 sheets.  All of this information is done in a Word document format using the Table feature.


**Thank you for taking time to look through all this information!  Thank you for your visit to Carolyn's Creative Corner!  Come back soon!

2 comments:

cricaholic said...

Oh My Gosh!! Your cartridge idea(overlay & back of box) is exactly what I've been wanting to do.TFS!!!

nicole @ I am a Honey Bee said...

great ideas for being organized!