My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Gift Card/Money Holder!

We usually give money or gift cards to our family members for Christmas.  I needed a quick card to use for our gift.  I used this card several years ago to give my Sunday School ladies a handkerchief for Christmas....so I made the card this year for our  children/in-laws!
Here are the instructions and photos to create this really simple, useful, fun card!

**You will need a 9x12 piece of paper.  I cut a 12x12 to the correct size...

**Fold the paper in half, with outside of paper showing...(hint...when folding heavy cardstock, please fold lightly, but enough to crease)

**Fold the paper in half, again...
**Open the sheet back to the 9x12 size and mark the center of the fold on the inside of the paper.  Put a ruler at 1 1/2 inches on the center mark of the paper.  Put a mark at the 0 inch, 1 1/2 inch, and 3 inch measurements on the lengthwise fold of the paper...

***Use the top left corner and lower right corners of the paper to form the holders on the card.  Fold the point of each corner up to the 3 inch mark on the lower right corner.  Then fold the point of the top left corner down to the 0 mark.  Crease lightly... 
**Fold the paper back into the card...and you have the Gift Card Holder!!!   Make any adjustments to the folded edges.  Line up all the edges.  This is why you do not want deep creases when you are creating the card!  Now, use your bone folder (or whatever you use) to make the deep creases for your card. 

**At this point you should have a pocket on the outside of the card and the inside of the card!  Here is where you can get creative!  I usually will put a contrasting piece of paper into the front pocket to form the front.  Sometimes I will use the front pocket, but sometimes not!  For this particular card I did not use the front pocket, but attached a Cricut cut that I made.

**Here are the cards that I made using the Folded Gift Card Holder...
**The images are from Cricut Cartridge "Winter Woodland".  They are cut at 4 inches and then covered with glitter.  The "snow landscape" is torn paper that is covered in glitter.  It took longer to make the images than it did to make the cards!



5 comments:

Staying Crafty said...

Love this!!!

thescrapbookgirl said...

Fun cards! I love the colors!

Mrs. Green said...

Fun! I happen to have one gift card left to give and this might be the ticket! Such a great idea!

Scrapper69 said...

What great Gift Cards! I just became a follower... Although I thought I was one already! OOPS! :o)
Theresa

WAM Family said...

These are great. I wish I had seen this before Christmas. These look great and for all the gift cards I gave out this year, this would have been wonderful. TFS Have a wonderful New Year.

Kathryn