My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Art Work and the Cuttlebug!

From time to time I find beautiful reproductions of art work on small posters/cards in stores, especially dollar stores.  I can hardly resist buying a few of the colorful, interesting posters/cards.  These make great additions to handmade greeting cards!  I give credit on the back of my cards.

Magazines will often publish articles that include pictures of art work.  These also make handmade cards interesting!  Again, I give credit on the back of my cards.


I have created 2 cards using scenes cut from art work that was published in a magazine (unknown title).
This section of the painting was taken from "Summer" 1909 by Frank Weston Benson
This section of a painting was taken from "Merci Cutting Flowers" 1912 by Edmund C. Tarbell

These cards were created using the Cuttlebug die and embossing machine from ProvoCraft.  I used the Cuttlebug 12 inch Butterfly embossing folder and the Cuttlebug embossing/die metal folder "Carly"

**Create card from cardstock
**Cut cardfront to fit card
**Cut one set from cardstock using Cuttlebug  "Carly" embossing/die metal folder...Hint...I turned the front of my paper toward the back of the folder before embossing/cutting.
**Emboss one section from thin vellum using Cuttlebug 12 embossing folder "Butterfly"...cut out the number of butterflies desired.  Use 3-dimensional glue strips to adhere the butterflies to each other.  I added pearls for decoration and colored one butterfly with a Copic marker.


**Cut section from desired artwork.  Tape to the back of the opening.  Adhere to cardfront.
**Adhere all layers to the cardfront.  Adhere  completed card front to card base.  Add sentiment inside and give credit for artwork on back of card (or wherever you desire).

I use the inside cut from the "Carly" image to create this card...

2 comments:

jessica said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing! I left a blog award for you...come pick it up at
http://chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com/2011/02/more-valentines-and-blog-award.html
jessica

Missie said...

very nice. Thank you for sharing!