My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

APRIL!!!...where did MARCH go!!!

Oh, my goodness...what a month March was for me! 

First, the Atlanta Circle Meet-Up...March 4, 2011





Then lots of work creating Cricut Circle Calling Cards and packing for the Dallas Stampede event!



Unhappy ending to a fabulous Dallas Stampede Weekend...
My large rolling tote and over-the-shoulder bag was stolen on Sunday night at the hotel.  It is not a very pleasant way to end such a wonderful weekend! 

I really miss my large, red ATG gun!  I had to buy the pink one at Michaels.  I want my large, red ATG gun back...boo hoo!!!

The biggest loss was the 30 handmade cards that I made during the Stampede.  Plus the 250-300 stamped sentiments that I had created to use with my cards!  Oh, well...most of the sentiments were Bible scriptures and lots of Easter images.  Maybe the criminals needed these??!!

Now, I will find out if NATIONWIDE is really "on my side"!!!

Then...I got a really wonderful, huge gift from LAURA LEE from the Cricut Message Board...

And the month is still not over...

I celebrated my birthday this month!  My husband bought lots of storage boxes for my craftroom.  My daughter and her husband bought me 4 Cuttlebug cut/emboss folders!  Plus lots of well-wishes and cards from friends and family!!

Finally...I signed a 6-month lease on space in a local antique/art mall to sell handmade greeting cards!  I have been busy making cards and getting packaging ready for the big day...April 1!  I have two card racks to fill...

Thanks to my daughter, Amanda, I got the card racks filled and met the April 1 deadline....Thank you, Amanda!!!!


Here are samples of the 315 cards that I made....






And finally...I leave you with a wonderful touch of color in a winter world of gray...






2 comments:

Nadia said...

Well, your cards are beautiful! I have to say I love your sense of humor. So, was Nationwide on your side?

I am hoping that the crooks found the Bible verses and felt moved to stop being such jackalopes. How ridiculous, but a lesson learned I guess. I used to work in an area of downtown Louisville that was near a huge homeless shelter and now-displaced housing projects. Cars would get broken into if gloves were left in sight. You just never know when someone's desperation will turn into your misfortune I guess.

Well, best wishes for lots of card sales!

Cindy said...

good luck with the card sales you have such beautiful cards. I was just wondering where you bought the plastic sleeves for the cards? and How much you sell your cards for I am thinking of trying to sell mine at local shops around here but not sure what you would price them for.
Sorry about your loss you did take that well I think I would be flippin thats a lot of stampsto lose.