My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Creating Cricut Image with Layers and Shadow using the Gypsy

I recently learned how to create layers and use the shadow feature on the Gypsy.  Here are the step-by-step instructions for the way that I layered.  I have included photos.  I hope you find the information helpful!

I will be creating an image from the Cricut Cartridge "Rock Princess"

1. Choose your image, click on it to put it in the upper bar on your Gypsy screen

2. Then click on any buttons that provide layers or the shadow for the image you have chosen. Choose the layer/s that you need and add them to the upper bar (where your main image is). This includes any layers that you have to hit "shift" to access. I have had as many as 5 or 6 layers next to the main image.
3. Once you have your main image, all its layers, and the shadow, place them on the mat on the Gypsy screen.

4. When you do this, you will see that everything that you put on the mat has a highlighted "box" around it. This is where you will make adjustments to the size.  Everything inside the box will get larger/smaller at the same time. The beauty of this is that the layers will stay in proportion to the image...as long as all items are highlighted at the same time.
I have determined that I do not want to work with a phrase and image at the same time, so I have deleted everything about the phrase and will only show the image, layers, and shadow.

I am using the button on the Gypsy to increase the size of the images...


***Note*** I had to practice this 3 or 4 times before I got the hang of it, but once I understood the process...it was so easy to create layers for the main image.

5. Now here's the fun part...after you have decided on the size that you want your image and layers, save it as a file on Gypsy! That way you can always go back...just like a document in Word...and have the original saved project, just in case you make a mistake.

6. More fun...After you have saved the size, you can move the image and layers apart on your screen mat. 
Be sure to save the file when you have the placement like you want it.  This is a very important step!

7.  I wanted to cut the dress from patterned paper, I made a copy of the original image and placed it on the mat.  Sometimes, it is possible to "hide" the features you do not want, but that wasn't really possible with this particular image.  After the image was cut out using the Cricut, I used scissors to cut away everything but the dress.

8.  Put paper on the physical mat wherever you want the layers to cut.  The measurements are on the Gypsy screen mat.  Match these measurements with the ones on the physical mat.

9.  Connect the Gypsy to the Cricut Electronic Machine, load the mat,  and cut using the Gypsy screen prompts

10.  Like magic, the Gypsy tell the E2 what to cut and where on the mat!  Isn't this just grand!  I love my Cricut equipment!

11.  Here are the cuts!  Everything is in proportion!


PUTTING THE LAYERS TOGETHER ON THE SHADOW!

1.  Place the main image on the shadow...
2.  I used a Peachy Keen stamp for the face...

3.  Layer...This photo was taken before I glued the layers together and added the face.

4.  I used a small strand of beading for a necklace and bracelet.  I used 1/8" Tacky Tape to adhere to beads to the image.

5.  Final touches...I used Copic Markers to color some of the layers...and "Here she is...."


No comments: