My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Creating Sentiment Stickers for the Inside of Cards!

Several years ago I found a big pack of labels on the old-fashioned computer paper that has holes on the side.  These labels had been packed away until recently.  I have discovered a use for these labels!!

When I make sets of cards, I will leave the inside blank to allow the person sending the card to personalize as they wish.  Recently I decided to include a set of stickers using frequently used sentiments.

These sheets of labels are perfect for making sentiment stickers!!!

I use clear acrylic sentiment stamps and lay them on the labels where I want to stamp...
Here is a close-up...
Next I lay clear acrylic stamp blocks over the sentiments stamps to pick them up.  This will allow for correct spacing when I begin to stamp the sentiments...
Please note that I am using two stamp blocks instead of one long block.  I found that it is easier to stamp with 2 blocks instead of one.  It was difficult for me to get a clear impression of all the sentiments at one time when I put all the stamps on one long block.


I used dye ink to stamp the sentiments because it dries quickly and doesn't smudge.  Hint..a Martha Stewart White Opaque Marker will cover tiny smudges!
I have found that it is best to test the stamp on scrap paper before stamping the labels.  It is possible to check for position and how well the stamps are transferring the ink.
Next I stamp all the same sentiments at one time.  This helps to reduce smudges and doesn't take as long.

Then I separated the sentiments lists.
I made a small label to put on the outside of the card package.
Now I am ready to package the card sets with the sentiments stickers included.  I include more sentiments than cards.  This gives lots of choices!


4 comments:

image queen said...

Wow, thanks for this great tip.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great ideal!!! Thanks for sharing too!!!
Jackie

Mahmood Ali said...

Its Amazing!!! beautiful clear card holder i like it...
Plastic Business Cards
print VIP cards

~Suzy~ said...

What a great idea! A nice way to have some handy!