My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

French Manor and Country Life...Wonderful Combination!

I made this "Thank You" card for a special friend.  I used the Cricut Cartridge "French Manor" for the dress form and Cricut Cartridge "Country Life" for everything else.

Dress Form...straight cut from "French Manor"cartridge
Sewing Machine...image from "Country Life" and shadow cut from black cardstock.  I heat embossed the top layer with clear embossing powder. 
The "glass" knobs...clear beads cut from a trim that I bought at Michaels Craft Store
Heart...a paper punch
Sentiment...used vinyl to cut the sentiment from "Country Life"
Paper...from a pack that I bought at Big Lots (see below for more information)
My friend loves to sew.  Her craft room is a sewing room!  I made the cards below part of the "Thank You" for what she has done for me.
I found this pack of paper on the clearance isle at Tuesday Morning several months ago.  The paper is so beautiful...
Stampin Up "Almost Cocoa" cardstock was used between each sheet so that you can see how beautiful the papers are.  There are several more sheets, but they are variations of these.
This card was made using a set of Nestibilities "Butterflies"
Very easy card.  I "fussy cut" around a set of the rings from the patterned paper, glued the image on pink cardstock, cut out a label using a Nestibilities die, stamped the sentiment, and added the ribbon,
This is a sheet of overall design.  Simple to make.  Cut paper to fit front of card.
I used several "stash" items on this card.  I am not sure where I got the top flower, but I have some in several colors.  The bottom flower is a white paper flower.  The beads are cut from a bead trim avaiable at Hobby Lobby.  The sentiment was a rub-on.
The paper speaks for itself!  Beautiful!  I embossed the light brown using a Cuttlebug folder.
More beautiful paper.  I used white paper flowers, ribbon trim from Hobby Lobby, and a rub-on sentiment.  The background is embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.  The card is from a Martha Stewart set.
The sweet little "Bonnet Girl" is featured on this paper.  I "fussy" cut the images, used one of the label Nestibilities, stamped a sentiment, and added a ribbon!

10 comments:

Crafty Starkie said...

Wow! I love all the detail! Very beautiful!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

You have been one busy lady, and they are all so beautiful. You are so creative.

The Creative Mommy said...

Wow! You are quite creative!! Beautiful work!!!

Scrapper69 said...

Oh WOW Carolyn! They all look AMAZING! Such wonderful detail... Great paper indeed! :o)
Your friend is truly gonna LOVE these cards! :O)
Theresa

DEBBIE ORR said...

Very Beautiful cards I especially love the one with the dress form

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn, you are a very talented lady. Love your creativity and designs. All your cards are simply gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with all of us. Blessings, Pam :)

image queen said...

Hi Carolyn,
Once again you have created many beautiful Cards. My favorite card is the quilt pattern "friendship rings". As you said the paper was beautiful. What a find.

Anonymous said...

Carolyn, Your cards are gorgeous. I love the Bible Verses. I didn't know about the rub on sentiments. I have a problem finding pretty sentiment stamps, I will look for the rub on's. Thank You!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, I am a newbie what is "fussy" cut?
thank you!

Carolyn/MamaC said...

"Fussy" cut is when you use scissors to cut out something.
Carolyn