My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Black Hawk Landing! I am proud to be an American!

Watch this Black Hawk land!  Isn't it a wonderful sight!











Standing guard!


I stood on a curb and took these pictures.  The wind from the helicopter cleaned off the parking lot!  I was cleaning dirt from my face and hair for a long time after these pictures were taken!

This was the opening event for a special 9.11 Remembrance Service that was sponsored by the church that I attend, Bethlehem Baptist Church, Clarkesville, Georgia.

Colonel Victor Correa
Suvivor of the Pentagon was part of the program.

313th Army Band from Birmingham, Alabama
Presented a musical program!  The director was so much fun to watch!  He loves his job!!!

Georgia Governor Nathan Deal spoke at the event.

The day ended with a...
Full Moon Rising!

God Bless America!









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! I'm a member of a Gold Star family, so it always makes me smile when people remember and show their patriotism.

From Lori (Bloggin the crafts)

FYI...you might want to change your comment settings from "embedded" to "pop up" and more people will be able to post a comment.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What wonderful pictures... yes God bless America...

Lisa B said...

What a spectacular sight! Thank you for sharing pictures with us.

Paula Puckett said...

Can't tell you how hard my heart was beating when I saw that beautiful helicopter! I still have tears in my eyes! TFS