My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Friday, September 9, 2011

How Easy is This! Tim Holtz Rosette Die!

I found this Tim Holtz Rosette Die in Joanns yesterday!  Oh, my goodness!  This is a wonderful, marvelous, and super easy way to make rosettes!  This is the first time that I have seen the die in a craft store.  They were sold out whenever I wanted to buy one!  What a time saver!  The die creates two sizes of Rosettes plus the center piece.  However, I will still need to use my trusty Martha Stewart Score Board for large Rosettes!
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com/2011/06/making-paper-rosettes.html

On the Cricut Circle Message Board, Jana Eubanks has posted a challenge using the following sketch.  I couldn't help it!  I had to make the card using the Rosettes!  I will create another for the challenge on the Circle MB!

Sketch...created by Jana Eubanks
Card by Carolyn...
To create the  card, I used....

*Tim Holtz Rosette Die
*Cuttlebug and 13 inch plates
*Jana Eubanks Sketch
*papers/layers cut to fit A2 card front
*papers for rosettes
*strong adhesive
*Bead trim from Hobby Lobby
*clear sparkle beads
*"Happy Day" stamp
*small piece of cardstock for sentiment

The die has two sizes of rosettes and a center piece for each. You use the regular "sandwich" on the Cuttlebug...A, B, Die, Paper, B.  You will need the 13" plates for this die.
The center is a beaded trim that I bought at Hobby Lobby.  I punched a piece of Thermo adhesive to hold the bead trim in place as I wound it around the center.  The clear "flower" bead on top is something I had in my stash.

Thermo adhesive is a sheet of extremely strong double-sided adhesive.  It is designed to hold FOREVER on all types of crafting projects.
Therm o Web
Peel n stick Adhesive
double-sided
The adhesive came in a package of four sheets (5.5" x 8.75")



19 comments:

Nadia said...

This is a die?? How cool! Love your project-- I see why you couldn't wait to use it!

Mary said...

I may have to keep my open for one of these. Your card is beautiful, love the bling you put on the center.

Debby said...

The rossettes are beautiful. What did you use in there centers?

Tanya said...

Oh my...gorgeous! I've seen this die, but didn't think it would be anything I would be interested in...boy was I WRONG! So, so pretty and I love the pearls you used for the center of each rosette! I see that I will now have to re-think this die cut...
you enabler you!

Carolyn/MamaC said...

The die has two sizes of rosettes and a center piece for each. You use the regular "sandwich" on the Cuttlebug...A, B, Die, Paper, B. You will need the 13" plates for this die.

The center is a beaded trim that I bought at Hobby Lobby. I punched a piece of Thermo adhesive to hold the bead trim in place as I wound it around the center. The clear "flower" bead on top is something I had in my stash.

cdm317 said...

I love the card! I must have missed a new rosette die because mine only has one large rosette on it. TFS!
Colleen

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh it's beautiful Carolyn.. I saw the challenge and have been trying to think of something to create for it... wish I had thought of this... you are so creative. (I have that die and have NEVER used it :-( I have an idea for the challenge it i can just get it done before i see someone else do it.. love love your card. hugs from ukiah

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!

Lori
Bloggin The Crafts

Josie0602 said...

Gorgeous card Carolyn! Now I see why you had to fight Amy for the die!! I think I need one of these now too!
Tracy

Shelley said...

Carolyn, you lucked out! I can't wait to see them in real life!

Shelley

Hrvatica said...

Your card is just beautiful! Love the soft colors!

Scrapper69 said...

This turned out soooo pretty! So glad you were able to get this die! I have this one and the other one from TH! They are Fabulous dies! It looks like you've been having a ball playing with it! I LOVE all those rosettes you made! :o)

Theresa

L.B. said...

Turned out great!

Brenda said...

Beautiful card! Love the rosettes. Looks like I have another toy to look for to add to my collection.

http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/

ChatterScene.com said...

So pretty:) I love it!

Kimberli said...

Gorgeous card, I love those colors - glad you were able to find the die!

Princess Poodle said...

You make the prettiest cards and layouts!

JaniceA said...

I love those rosettes I will have to look into this after my spending freeze. Beautiful card with the rosettes on it.

Lisa B said...

Wow, your card is stunning. I really love the rosettes.