My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Monday, September 26, 2011

HOW TO ACCORDIAN FOLD THE EASY, PAINLESS WAY!!! Thank you, Tim Holtz!!

I have been thinking...at this point, my husband will say.."Oh, no!"  However, this time it is a good thing!

If I use the Tim Holtz Rosette dies to fold paper for rosettes...why not, use the die to cut paper for accordian fold projects?  So, after a couple of tries, here is the result..
I cut three strips using my beloved Cuttlebug!  You can use this die with the A plate, B plate, die, paper, B plate.  You will need the 13 inch plates for this project!
Carefully trim off  the decorative edge on one of the strips.  Place this strip in the middle.  Trim very carefully so that the edges meet together snugly.
Starting at one end, carefully line up the strips so that the perforations meet.  Match the edges of the paper and tape the papers together.  Do this so that the edges meet, but do not overlap.
Here is a completed paper ready to be folded.  Please notice on the right side...there is a slight space between the edges.  This is not a good thing!  Be sure all the edges meet.  After I folded this paper, I had to cut away that section because the open edges showed on the folded paper.
Here are 2 samples of the completed Accordian Folded papers.  The papers folded so quickly and no pain to my fingers!  Notice the patterned paper shows not seams at all!  If you look closely, you can see the seams in the solid paper, but when it is used in a project, the seam will not be noticed!

Easy and Painless...Thank you Tim Holtz!  Now would you make a 1/8th inch die? 

Thank you for visiting my blog!
(PS..I know Tim Holtz will NEVER visit my humble blog, but I can always dream!!)


11 comments:

Vanessa said...

What a clever idea! You'd never know the patterned paper has been pieced together. Thanks for sharing!

Ohhh Snap said...

Great idea!

Nadia said...

So smart!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

So so creative... I love to hop in to see what you have created... you are one amazing lady.... hugs

MelodyR aka RyandMysMom said...

Wow, I see myself using this technique with my scraps - thanks for the inspiration!

Bunnyfreak said...

Great idea. This would be perfect to use with the Simply Gypsy card idea this week.

MelodyR aka RyandMysMom said...

Carolyn, forgot to mention earlier that I have a blog award for you over in my blog so come and stop by sometime!

;)Melody

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

How cool is that! Where did you get this. I haven't even seen the larger plates in our area. Love it.

Carolyn/MamaC said...

I bought the large Rosette die at my local scrapbook store.

Scrapper69 said...

What a BRILLIANT Idea! I LOVE it.... And I got those dies! yea for me! Thanks for the tutorial Carolyn.... They are so helpful! And you never know! Tim H. May surprise you and leave a comment one day.... You make such great creations and come up with some crafty ideas.... It wouldn't surprise me if he did stop by to say Hi! :o)

Theresa

SherriC. said...

Hi Carolyn,
just popping by to welcome you to She's A Sassy Lady,
what a great idea, those folds kill my fingers.....
TFS!!!!!