My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Paper Rosettes by Sizzix

My local scrapbook store owner told me about the Sizzix Paper Rosette Dies.  They sounded interesting, so I ordered a set.
There are 3 dies in the set.  One die has the pattern for the rosettes.  The other dies have flower layers.  The dies can be used in the Cuttlebug.  I used the same "sandwich" as the regular Cuttlebug dies...A plate, B plate, die, paper, B plate.  The dies cut beautifully!
Here are the images that are cut using the dies.  To create a rosette, it is necessary to cut at least three of the rosette patterns.  Notice there is a rounded rosette and a sharp-pointed rosette.
I cut multiples of three for each of the rosettes.  I used 1/8 inch Tacky Tape to hold the ends together.
Then overlaped the ends and secured with the tape.
I pressed the joined strips together and formed the rosette.  I secured the rosette by gluing the rosette to the flower layers included with the die set.
Here are six rosettes that I made using red, green, and yellow cardstock.  I used brads to decorate the center of each rosette.




To create the sentiment on one of the cards, I stamped the sentiment twice.  Once on yellow paper, the other on white paper.  I cut out the white sentiment and glued it over the yellow.
This is a  card using a train engine brad as the rosette center.  A black gel pin is used to create the stitches. The embossed paper was made by using the Cuttlebug folder "Argyle".
The next card was made by using a pair of scissors as the center of the rosette.  The same colors and cardstock was used for this card.  The sentiment was created the same as above.  Twine is used to hold the sentiment in place.


All the rosettes and the cards were made using my stash of supplies!

12 comments:

Rita said...

Love the rosettes! They look great on the cards.

Brenda said...

Love the rosettes! The cards are very cute! Thank you once again for a wonderful tutorial.

http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/

Mary said...

I love the Rosettes. I have been making myself some today for a fall project.

AllisonF (Goody Bag Diva) said...

they came out terrific!

Scrapper69 said...

They all came out wonderful Carolyn! LOVE your card with the scissors.... sew cute! TFS!

Theresa

cdm317 said...

I love your cards!
TFS!
Colleen

Inkyfingers said...

These are such pretty rosettes Carolyn and your tutorial was so easy to follow. Love your tealight cover too!
Hugs
Carol x

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great cards and don't you just love making things with what you have on hand and they turn out his nice! TFS

GabyCreates.com said...

You are enabling me! lovely rosettes!
Stopping by to welcome you to She's A Sassy Lady ~Gaby

I also love your tea light cover! below!

Peggy T. said...

Love the rosettes, Carolyn. They turned out very pretty.

Nadia said...

Wow!!! I have never seen this rosette die! Your rosettes are fantastic!!!! (Is this the rosette maker that you and AmyS fought over??? If so, I see why!)

Love how you used them on your cards! So clever!

Debby said...

Oh, these are so pretty! And the tutorial is fantastic. TFS.