My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Tea Light Cover! It was the hit of the Papercafting Class!


This lovely tea light cover (battery operated ONLY) was the hit of my Papercraft Class yesterday!


For the next 7 weeks, I will be teaching a Papercrafting Class for an Adult Education program at a local church.  At the first meeting, the class decided what topics we would cover.  I will give a short demonstration/technique at the beginning of the class.  The remainder of the two hours will be hands-on fun!!

This little tea light cover was the most popular project!

A little history...the project was posted on the Cricut Message board a while back.  I didn't really pay attention because at the time I wasn't too interested...big mistake!

This past Saturday, a group of Cricut Circle Friends got together and spent the day "playing".  Scrapdragon invited us to her wonderful craft room for the day.  Scrapdragon, M'Liss,
Janie W, AmyS, and Scrapalette were there most of the day.  I (MamaC) showed up in the afternoon, just in time to participate in AmyS's make and take...the little tea light cover!

Here is the original post for the little tea light cover...
Back to my class...I showed samples of lots of different papercrafting techniques, but this little jewel was the most popular!  So, we are making one in the near future!

I will be teaching the following crafts during the next 7 weeks....(not necessarily in this order)

Paper Quilling
Teabag Folding and Iris Folding
Cardmaking Techniques and Dry Embossing (using the Cuttlebug)
Making Handmade Paper (messy but so much fun)
Stamping and Heat Embossing
Shrinky Dink (magic plastic!) and Paper Rosettes (using Tim Holtz dies and Score Board)
Cricut Pumpkins
When I find the original link for the tea light cover, I will post it here.
Thanks for visiting! Comments are so appreciated!

10 comments:

Mrs. Green said...

Awesome! Congrats on a successful class. Here's to many more!

Mary said...

I can see why it is a hit. I will have to try making some.

Tanya said...

Oh my...that is just gorgeous! I love all those fabulous swirls and the light, lacy look of this! Just beautiful! Congrats on your class, I'm sure that those attending are having a wonderful time...what fun!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

It's just beautiful... I hope you find the link.. (like I would have time to try to make one.. lol)
Sounds like your class was a big success.. hugs from ukiah

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Well it is understandable why they like it as it is adorable. TFS

Hrvatica said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I wish I was in your class!

Princess Poodle said...

Your projects are always so wonderful! I can't wait to see what you make next.

Peggy T. said...

Carolyn, I love this little tea light. Congrats on the class. Be sure to post instructions.

Scrapper69 said...

That sounds wonderful Carolyn! Your Tealight cover looks beautiful! I love the colors and the top gives it that WOW factor! :o)

Theresa

Yvette said...

Oh wow! This is amazing and so creative!