My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Atlanta Swarm! October 8 and 9, 2011

What a wonderful weekend!  Nineteen (plus) papercrafters came together for a fabulous time of talking, eating, shopping, swapping ideas, teaching new techniques, and so much more!  OCCricutUser hosted the event and Chris helped with so many of the activities!


I had a special challenge!  A few days before the event, I received a package from Cricut.com.  My challenge was to wait until the SWARM to open the box.  OCCricutUser told me that she would give me a present if I could wait.  It was tough, but I did it!  Here is proof!
Here I am opening the HUGE box!  ScrapCat is taking the pictures!
The paper trimmer is the item I bought, but I received a "Your Story" for free!
A "Your Story" is a book binding machine that uses heat and glue to bind the edge.  This machine also laminates.
I couldn't resist buying a couple of the little "Cricut Guys"!  I received  red (Cricut Cake) and white (Cricut Imagine) Cricut Guys.  I do not have either machine, so I guess I am now going to need to swap little guys! :0)
Here is OCCricutUser giving me the prize!  Martha Stewart's amazing "Halloween" magazine!  What a creative publication!  That is Chris in the background!  She was responsible for the delicious food at the SWARM!
ScrapCat (light green "Cricut" shirt) is so much fun!  Her laughter is always contagious!  Susie, Debra, and Softbrn watch the box opening ceremonies!
This was our name badge!  It is so adorable!
AmyS made a "Woodstock Swarm" lanyard for everyone!  AmyS also printed the Cricut Head on tee shirts for everyone using her YUDU, but she has my shirt right now.  I will post a picture when I get it!
Kimi had found a new passion...creating with beads!  This is my Gypsy lanyard that she made!  Isn't it beautiful!  Thank you, Kimi!

What a fabulous 2 days!  We are planning more of these events and I look forward to meeting with my crafting friends real soon!

5 comments:

Hrvatica said...

Wow - looks like it was a fabulous time!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

It looks like everyone is having blast. Thanks for sharing all your pictures. It's so fun meeting our Cricut friends. Congrats on being able to wait to open your box. You will have to let me know how u like the cutter.

OCCricut said...

I love seeing all these pictures and reading about our weekend ... it's like reliving it!!! So Sweet!!!

Thanks MamaC for your goody bags and helpful techniques!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Oh I so wanted to go to this as it is only 3 hours from my mome! But I couldn't get off work. So glad you had a great time.TFS

Scrapper69 said...

WOW! Looks like you had a blast! I really like the beads on your Gypsy pen... Very pretty! :o)

Theresa