My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cricut Circle Blog-iversary Challenge #2!

The second challenge for the Cricut Circle Blog-iversary is create a project using a monochromatic color scheme.  I am using shades/tints of orange.  This is a little bit out of my comfort zone because I am not a great follower of the color orange!


I used the Gypsy,  2 flower cuts from the Cricut Cartridge "Accent Essentials" and a Cuttlebug Cut/Emboss folder.  I made the stick pins using some beads from a necklace that I bought at a yard sale.  The sentiment is a rub-on.

First set of flowers from "Accent Essentials"
Second set of flowers from "Accent Essentials"
Completed card!

8 comments:

Colleen said...

This is so pretty! Love the colors!
Good luck in the challenge!
Colleen (gonescrappin)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a beautiful card. Love the detail! And the flower is awesome! TFS, and be sure to link it up to She's A Sassy Lady's Tuesday Post for a drawing for a stamp set.... you could create anything... just link it up to qualify.

MelodyR aka RyandMysMom said...

Such a pretty card! I have got to learn how to make those stick pins - I'm always behind the times LOL!

Hrvatica said...

Oh this card is so elegant. I love the stick pins.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Just beautiful... I think I have that emboss folder.. (of course I have never used it.. after seeing yours I need to use it.)

Scrapper69 said...

I seriously LOVE how this came out! I had trouble with the Monochromatic Colors... Not really my thing.... but made for a great challenge! Looks like you overcame your issues with orange! LOL BEAUTIFUL CARD! :O)

Theresa

Linda said...

The card is beautiful!!! Wish you would show us how you made the pins. Those really added to the card. Thanks for sharing.

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Thank you for the kind words! Linda, I have made a blog post showing how I made these stick pins! Check it out...
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com/2011/11/super-easy-super-quick-stick-pins.html