My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Card Making Marathon!

I am preparing for a Card Making Marathon!  I plan to create as many A2 cards as possible before Thanksgiving Day!  I donate cards to a local church.  I was notified yesterday that all of my cards have been sent.  I must create more before next Thursday!

Here are my preparations for the Marathon...(I will post the completed cards that I make each day)

**Stamp as many sentiments and images as possible!  I used wooden block stamps and clear stamps on white paper.  I used a dye ink so the images would dry quickly.  I plan to use Sharpie markers and colored pencils.


**I stamped several images and then cleaned the stamps.  I have a small kitchen area next to my craft room.  I clean the stamps and let them dry.  I will put them away later!! :0)
**I will be using scraps of printed paper for the most part, but I will select whole sheets when necessary.  I have already cut several A2 card fronts from solid colored cardstock.  All card fronts will be completed before adhering to the card base.
**I store scraps of solid colored paper in drawers.
**I will need inspiration for cards, so I will be using some of my favorite resources!

**This is my craft room.  I had to add a long table in the middle of the room.  I am usually working on more than one project and this extra table was the answer to my REALLY MESSY, CROWDED work table.



**I had visitors this morning!  These pictures are through the windows and between the blinds!



Have a wonderful weekend!  Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!

I will post my cards each day!  Please come back again!






6 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

I sure hope you get plenty done. This is so wonderful of you to do and it looks like you are really organized to get a lot done. I wish you my best.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I love your scrap room.. have fun making all your cards, I am sure they are going to be much appreciated... hugs from ukiah

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

OMG MamaC! I love your scrap room - way more organized than mine will ever be! I am going to scraplift your means of storing your scraps. Can't wait to see what you create each day.

Kimberli said...

Good luck with your marathon, it sounds fun! And your scrap room is gorgeous, love your organization - thanks for sharing!

Peggy T. said...

Carolyn, you are so thoughtful. I sure do wish I had a space like yours. If I get to move close to Donna I will have a scrap room. Pray for my house to sell.

Debby said...

Wonderful craft room! So pretty and organized. Good luck with your marathon.
DebbyS