My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Carolyn and Cheryl's Great Adventure....Day 2!

We arrived at the prison at 9:00 AM.  After checking in and going through the metal detector, we made the long walk down to the area where the card making classes are held in the mental health wing.  I carried more donated paper, colored pencils, glue sticks, and stickers for the department.

Cheryl and I were told that today's class would be rowdy and loud.  We were expecting the group to less attentive and probably work slower than the class from yesterday.  I even ask some of my fellow papercrafting buddies at the Cricut Circle message board to say a specific prayer for us...that the inmates would be quiet and attentive and listen to instructions.

As the inmates entered the room, they went to their chairs and sat down.  We chatted as the room filled up.  It was so pleasant.  Everyone was so polite and we laughed and talked for about 30 minutes.  The director and her assistant were completely surprised!  This was not the behavior they expected.  We began the class with everyone paying close attention to what was being said.  The participants followed all of the instructions and began making cards. 

Today was amazing!  God answered the prayers that were said for this group!  The inmates worked quietly and quickly.  Some even finished 2 cards!  The creativity was wonderful and there were some really pretty cards made!  They are excited about next Tuesday when they will be allowed to make more cards!

One young lady came up to me and was so excited about her new skill!  She plans to make lots of cards in the future!  I believe she would have hugged my neck if she had been allowed to do so!  I think she has found a new hobby/passion!

Cheryl and I will return to the prison on Thursday for our final day of cardmaking classes.  Please continue to pray that we will be effective in our teaching.

6 comments:

Gina piazza said...

Thank you and God Bless for doing this. You have been in my thoughts and prayers since you first said you were going. And thank you for keeping us posted!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Carolyn, thank you. I think this could be a new ministry for you. Obviously you have touched their hearts. I have prayed that God will give you another awesome day on Thursday. God bless you and the other ladies!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What an awesome GOD we have. So glad to hear everything went so well . Hugs

Cricutbug - Marie said...

You amaze me. Bless you for doing this. I am so glad it went well.

Say Anything Crafts said...

I am so glad it went well so far and hope you continue doing this for them. How amazing you are!!

Doodledo

OCCricut said...

Such a beautiful story!!!