My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Quick and Easy Christmas Cards using "Inspired Hearts"

I had "leftover" images from last year's Christmas cards.  The images were so pretty, I couldn't let them go to waste!  Here is what I did with my "leftovers"!  Scroll to the bottom of this post for directions to create the image.
Quick and Easy!  Embossed paper, leftover image, some ribbon, and a border punch!
Keep scrolling for a "card-surprise"!
They are "card fronts"...but cards that I will be sending!  The scene is from a Cricut "Lite" Cartridge, "Inspired Hearts".  I used these last year on my cards and had some left over!
The card front was embossed with the Cuttlebug Folder "Stars", a sentiment was stamped on the inside of the scene image, the blue "vellum" is from an index card that I bought at Big Lots, the image was adhered to the cardfront, white ribbon was tied around the front, and a border of stars from "American Girl" was attached. 
 I cut another piece of cardstock the same size as the card front and glued it to the back of the card.  This gives stability to the card.
To make the card stand-up, I cut a triangle shape, folded the triangle in half.
I glued one-half the triangle to the back of the card to form a stand.  I have highlighted the side that is glued for placement.
Close-up of the card.


Directions for making the nativity scene...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!  Comments are always appreciated!

8 comments:

Carol's Creations said...

These are gorgeous! I loved your ones from last year, in fact your creations inspired me so much to buy this cart and I'm so glad I did!

Grace Baxter said...

I love it when something wonderful comes out of your leftover scraps. You did a beautiful job on these cards, and they certainly don't look like leftovers.

Crafty Starkie said...

Absolutely beautiful! Nice work! You did a lovely job creating something so beautiful out of left over scraps.

gettincraftystarkie.blogspot.com

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

I love how this card turned out! I have this cart and have been meaning to use it to its fullest potential - thanks for the inspiration. The image is perfect for the holidays, which reminds me, I haven't started making Christmas cards yet (yikes!). Thanks for sharing!

Bunnyfreak said...

Love how you combined everything.

Hrvatica said...

Can't believe that you created something so beautiful from scraps!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Very nice and to think they were made from left over scraps. You gotta love that! TFS

Nadia (With Glittering Eyes blog) said...

Beautiful cards!!!