My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ribbons & Rosettes and Doodlecharms!

I have created 3 Christmas cards using the Cricut Cartridge "Ribbons and Rosettes" and the Cricut Cartridge "Doodlecharms". 

The rosette was created using the Gypsy and a 12x12 mat.  I used the first Rosette in the handbook (top left corner of the overlay).  I welded 5 of the short rosette pieces together to form one long panel.  The rosette image is cut at 1 1/2 inches.  When the rosette is completed, it will be approximately 3 inches across.  I cut the Doodlecharm images at 2 inches (approx)
By welding the short pieces together, I am able to cut out the rosette panel in one continous panel.  A tip...move the pieces together until the decorative edge forms a continuous line.  The tab at the end of the short piece will be overlapping the end of the other.
I scored the rosette panels at 1/2 inch, turn it over and scored at 1/4 inch.  Then accordian folded the panel, glued the ends together, pressed the panel down and formed the rosette.  I used Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive and a round piece of paper to hold the rosette flat.
Christmas scrapbooking paper, sentiment sticker, and ribbon from Walmart was used to complete the card front.
Embossed paper, trees cut from Christmas scrapbooking paper, ribbon from Walmart, and a sentiment creates this card.  The edges are inked with Versa Mark "Brown" pigment ink.
Christmas scrapbooking paper, white Colorbox cardstock from Walmart, sheer red ribbon, a sentiment sticker, and the little wooden star clothespin complete this card front.

Thank you for visiting my blog today!

11 comments:

~ Lori ~ said...

Those are all really cute! Nice job.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Your cards are just darling! Love them!

Crafty Starkie said...

These are so adorable! I love them all! Nice work! So much talent!

gettincraftystarkie.blogspot.com

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh these just couldn't be any cuter...

Cricut Couple said...

Oh Wow! These are gorgeous! I have tried to order that cartridge and it's always been out of stock. Bummer. Your cards are just so beautiful! Thanks so much for posting our button on your blog! It means so much to us! Hugs - Bobby & Jill

Gail said...

I miss my gypsy. It is broken. I cannot wait to get a new one

Gail said...

Sorry...I also meant to say I love your cards. Pls do a video on the rosettes if you do videos.

OCCricut said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Josie0602 said...

I love your cards!! So cute with the little Santa and reindeer. I just ordered this cartridge and cant wait to get it!

Debby said...

I am so new to the 'CCR' or 'DS' world, but this makes sense. I'm stealing your project to work on some other projects. Thanks!!

Debby said...

I know the items were made for the Christmas holidays, but I found them today. You really made use of a cart that isn't very high on manys list. I like how you incorpoated the different papers to change the looks on each card.