My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Winter/Christmas 2011 Blog Hop!

Welcome to the Winter/Christmas Themed Blog Hop celebrating our favorite time of the year. This Blog Hop is hosted by Paulette, from Around the Bock with Scrapalette. You can start at the beginning of the hop at http://scrapalette.blogspot.com/.



For a complete listing of the blogs in this Blog Hop, please go to the end of this post.

My project for the Blog Hop is to explore the Cricut Cartridge "Christmas Cards".  This is a limited edition seasonal cartridge that features 18 cards and envelopes.  Each card is shown on a Gypsy screen using a 6x12 mat.  Several of the cards have been completed.  Please enjoy!
The first card is my favorite!  It is a window card featuring a beautiful snow scene!  I cut everything at 5.50 inches.  I chose to cut full screens of each color paper and then created several cards from all the 'leftovers'!


I trimmed the tree of the bottom leaves.  Then tore paper to form the 'ground'  The background is created by using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.


Made a layer of snow by tearing white paper and edging with blue ink.
 
I added another layer of 'snow' to reach the cityscape.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Card #2--Screen only--6x12 mat--everything is 5.50 inches

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Card #3--I used the  card base, but chose a different theme from the original.  I chose to create a Gift Card Holder using images from several Cricut Cartridges.  There is a rosette from the new Cricut Cartridge "Ribbons and Rosettes"

The Rosette is "The Petal" from the Cricut Cartridge "Ribbons and Rosettes", the Polar Bear is from the Cricut Cartridge "Joys of the Season"
 
I cut the rosette on the E2.  The rosette panels were cut at 1.5 inches.
 
The card base is from "Christmas Cards"
 
This is the inside of the card and the outside of the envelope.  The snowflakes are from a Cricut Cartridge, but they are from my stash and I do not recall the cartridge that I used.  The trees are from the "Ribbons and Rosettes" Cartridge.  They are the "Tree Medallion".  A gift card/money/etc can be slip behind the bear into the holder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Card #4--Everything is cut at 5.50 inches

I layered all the images.  The rosette is created using a Tim Holtz die.  The blue and black scarves and hats are flocked!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Card #5a...Screen only.  Everything is cut at 5.50 inches.
Card #5b...second screen.  Cut at 5.50 inches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Card #6a...Screen only.  Cut at 5.50 inches on 6x12 mat.
Card #6b...screen only.  Cut at 5.50 inches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Card #7a...Screen only.  Everything cut at 5.50 inches on 6x12 mat.
Card #7b...Screen only.  Cut at 5.50 inches on 6x12 mat

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Card #8...For some reason I did not take a picture of the Gypsy screen.  Here is a picture of the 6x12 mat with the images.
This is the completed card very similar to the sample in the handbook.  I have added an embossed edge using a Cuttlebug folder.
These cards were made using the 'leftovers'!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Card #9...Screen only.  Everything is cut at 5.50 inches on 6x12 mat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Card #10....Screen only.  Everything is cut at 5.50 on a 6x12 mat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cards #11--#18 are variations of the basic card shapes above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for visiting my blog today.  I hope you found inspiration to use the Cricut Cartridge "Christmas Cards"

Please use this list to visit all of the blogs in the Winter/Christmas 2011 Blog Hop!
3. Carolyn at http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com/    .....YOU ARE HERE!












45 comments:

Lisa B said...

Wow MamaC! When do you find the time to do all of these great cards. They are also so beautiful! You have outdone yourself again!

Phantom Rink Rat

Diane Hodrick said...

Wow! These cards are so cute and creative. Great collection for Christmas.

Cathy said...

great selection of cards, you were a busy girl!!
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

nancydianne said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us in the blog hop-off to follow your blog!

The Bug said...

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to show us the different cards! It always helps me so much to see the parts and then the finished project!
Hugs, Wini

AllisonF (Goody Bag Diva) said...

Wow!! You really outdid yourself!

Emerald said...

Absolutely amazed at your using the leftovers! Thank you for sharing with us. Can't wait to show my hubby your blog!

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow, these are amazing. Love the city scape that is just awesome. TFS

Tammy said...

LOVE your cards Carolyn, Would you like my addy so one of those can be addressed to me. LOL :)

Paper Memories4u said...

What wonderful cards! I love the detail of the sleigh card and the images on the gift card holder card are adorable. It's great being in the blog hop with you. Thanks for sharing. papermemories4u@ yahoo.com

Brenda said...

Beautiful cards, as always, Carolyn! You are very inspiring! I just love the cards you made and the step by step instructions.

Lilygirl said...

Wow!! you have been busy MamaC, I love the money card the best!!

Kris Dietz said...

Your cards are amazing! I love how you used the scraps to create other cards too. Thank you for showing the details as well. Beautiful! TFS.

Kris
dietzrobles at yahoo dot com

Linda Harris said...

Those are awesome cards. I have not tried CCR at all. Thanks for sharing. Linda Harris Lsunflower58@aol.com

cdm317 said...

Hi Carolyn,
You have totally inspired me to pull out my Christmas cards cartridge and use it! Fabulous projects as always. Should you pull my name as a winner, please re-draw. I already own the cool cartridge you are giving away.
Hugs
Colleen

Newbie2crafting said...

Your cards are Beautiful! I love the rosettes.

Dana
Danascraftycorner.blogspot.com

nanapuddin said...

Wow! Great job! Been fun hopping with you! It turned out great!

Maria said...

Your cards are beautiful.....

Cindy said...

Great cards. I love how you showed several looks for each design...Wonderful job!

Liz said...

You rock! Love the horse and sleigh

Lisa said...

wow your cards are terrific! thank you for sharing them!


Lisa G
http://lisascrappingspot.blogspot.com/

stop by & check out my giveaway!

craftaholic said...

Oh Carolyn you are awesome for showcasing all those cards!! And they are Fantastic!! TFS!!!

http://ibecircled.blogspot.com/2011/10/some-blog-hops-that-are-happening-in.html
ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
Rexann♥

Brenda said...

Very nice cards!!

brz352@yahoo.com

Sherry said...

Your cards are beautiful!

Hope said...

Wow - your cards are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing

scrapaholicjen said...

Love your cards - you did a fantastic job on them. I wanted to make all of the cards on that cartridge before Christmas last year but only finished the first two - now I think I better make the rest this year! Hope they are as good as yours!

Mrs. Green said...

Wow, lots of cards! Love card #1 with the snow hills you created!

Melody Lane Designs said...

pretty cards!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Your cards are soooo beautiful!! You gave me so many great ideas!! Thanks for sharing your talent! I love seeing your gorgeous creations!!

Debbie Goforth said...

Fantastic job as usual!


Debbie @ http://bugginattheseams.blogspot.com/

Mona said...

MamaC these are absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

scubascrapper brandi said...

OK, you are now making me want this card LOL!!! I enjoyed meeting you today :D

Sandy from Ukiah said...

They are all JUST so beautiful... I love them all.. Would u mind if I scrap lifted one or two??? They are just GORGEOUS.
Hugs
sandyfromukiah

Hrvatica said...

Wow, these are all great. You are really making me want this cart.

EDM said...

Your cards are amazing. Thks for the instructions.. they are so detailed instructions.

Karen S. said...

Great cards! Now I think I really want this cartridge!

karenskapin at yahoo dot com

pattyk said...

Very pretty card!! you sure are a busy bee!! millierose651@aol.com

Lady Fair said...

Wow! So many cards. Where do I begin? I really like the polar bear card, followed by the snowmen. Love the flocking you did on the hats and scarves, too.

lflinesatcomcastdotnet

Nancy Ann said...

Wow!! Carolyn I love, love, LOVE your cards. They are indeed very, very inspirational. I love how most everything you used was basic paper and Cricut cut outs and some ink! Easy stuff for me to get and your cards turned out better than any fancy card I have seen with fancy doo dads!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow! SO many amazing cards!!! I love how you show how you make each one too! And how you made so many with a few cartridges! Thank you so very much!
Lisa
lisascreativeniche at gmail dot com

RockinRenee said...

All of your cards are simply amazing! It's been great hopping with you!

KathyJo said...

I am so glad you used this cart. I thought it was something I would never use. Your cards are beautiful and elegant. I could do this! I am so not a card maker, but with this cart I could be.

Amy said...

Card #8 - I must know which embossing folder you used on it!!! please? lol

Barb Smith said...

Great cards! I especially loves the window card with the old fashion sleigh. The polar bear was such fun too.

Barb from Toronto, Canada