My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Gift Card!

The card is shaped like a gift!  I added another gift, red poinsettas, and a Christmas sticker to create the card front.
I used white poinsettas on this card.  The flowers are edged with Color Box "Dusty Plum" ink.

To create the cards....
I used the Gypsy and 12x12 mat to create the card.  I used the gift card image from the Cricut Cartridge "Wild Card".  The small gifts are from Cricut Cartridge "Joys of the Season"
Gift card is 6.93 inches x 7.35 inches
Small gift with ribbon is 2.08 inches x 2.64 inches
Small gift with bow is 2.15 inches x 2.64 inches 
The poinsetta is from the Cricle Exclusive Cricut Cartridge "Paper Trimmings".
It is Flower2.  The flowers and leaves are cut at
2.68 inches x 2.56 inches
2.29 inches x 2.19 inches
1.90 inches x 1.81 inches
1.59 inches by 1.52 inches
The poinsetta flower and leaf is adhered with foam tape.
The center of the poinsetta is made by quilling 1/8th inch strips of paper into a tight coil.  The coils are threaded through the center hole.  Then...
Secured on the back with tape.
The poinsettas are adhered to the front of the card with foam tape.
A small gift is added to the front for the "Merry Christmas" sticker (Masterpiece Studio 2011)
The inside of the card is finished with a stamped sentiment.  The little gifts are made with the Fiskars 2011 Christmas Gift paper punch.
The second card sentiment.



Look what I found in our bed this morning!  Max had dental surgery on Monday.  He is not feeling too well, so I guess he needed a little bit of rest and special treatment!


Thank you for visiting my blog!  Have a wonderful day!

                 








13 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great cards that make a wonderful little gift. TFS
Hope Max is feeling better soon!

Diane said...

Your cards are so pretty and love the quilling. Max looks so content!

Diane said...

Fantastic cards. Thank you for taking the time to post them on the circle board. Hope the nice nap in the bed helps Max feel better soon!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Lovely cards! I just got my Paper Trimmings cart about 20 minutes ago but won't be able to play with it for a few days :( I love how you did the center of the poinsettas - very clever and I am going to scraplift :). Was Max napping on your bed or was that his bed? I was just wondering because I let my puppy sleep in our bed all the time.

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Thank you for all the kind comments! Max usually sleeps on our bed on top of the cover at the bottom under a blanket. He doesn't usually get under the cover. I hope he gets better soon. He is coughing right now from the tube that was put down his throat while he was in surgery.

Nadia (With Glittering Eyes blog) said...

I am in love with the way you used quilling centers for your flowers! Gorgeous cards as always!

HOw sweet is Max!

Hrvatica said...

Gorgeous gift cards. The quilling centers are fabulous.

Maria said...

Beautiful card, hope Max is feeling better he looks adorable sleeping in the bed mines do the same .........

Josie0602 said...

Beautiful cards. Hope Max is feeling better now!

ChatterScene.com said...

Super cute!

Lori said...

You are one busy lady! I can't believe all the things you have done with Paper Trimmings already. I love your cards and the detail you put in them. I have to make a comment about your dog. lol. He reminds me of my sister's dog. He burrows himself into the covers until he almost disappears. Maybe they are are cousins?

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so beautiful!! The quilling is fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB!

Lisa
FCCB Design Team Member
indymermaid.blogspot.com

scootingranny said...

Love how you quilled the insides of the flowers.

Hope your puppy is feeling better now. Isn't it wonderful how we get so attached to our pets?