My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Merry Christmas...From Our House to Yours!

My Christmas card this year for close friends and family.
It is time consuming to make, but not too difficult.
The first step was to create all the images that I wanted on the card.  I am using the fireplace from Cricut Cartridge "Christmas Noel".  I added green branches and leaves from Martha Stewarts paper punches.  The red hearts were punched, too.  The candles are from Martha Stewart's Cake sticker set.  The fire was colored using Copic markers.
The chair and cat are from the Cricut Cartridge "Country Life".  I used black flock on the cat and a red gel pen to draw a collar.
The tree is from the Cricut Cartridge "Christmas Noel".  I used a Christmas light embellishment from Jolee's stickers.  I outlined the edges on the tree with a Copic marker.
The rosettes are 3 inches across and topped with a scalloped circle cut with a Spellbinder's die.  The sentiment is a combination of two sentiments.
I used a Cuttlebug folder "Oriental Weave" to create the wall covering to use as my cardfront.  I inked the folder with ColorBox ink "Midnight Blue" before embossing the paper.
I used the portraits from the Cricut Cartridge "Heritage" over the fireplace.  I embossed a strip of brown paper with the Cuttlebug folder "Swiss Dots" for the flooring.  I layered all the images on the cardfront to form a scene.
Foam tape was used to give the scene dimension.
There are two card bases.  The smaller one has the scene on it.
I glued the cardfront to a card base that will fit inside the outer card.  I used a card from Cricut Cartidge "Christmas Noel" as the outside of my Christmas Card.  I also cut the window frame that will be shown in a later picture.
To adhere the two card bases together, I put a strip of 1/4 inch Tacky Tape on the inside fold of the larger card base.
I placed the smaller card base inside the larger and secured it with the tape.
Open the two card bases (which are glued together at this point).  Put a strip of Tacky Tape down the fold.  This will be used to hold a length of ribbon in place.
Adhere a length of ribbon to the inside of the card.  The ribbon will be tied on the outside of the card.  The ribbon is used for decoration and to help hold the two card bases together.
I cut a window frame to fit the outside of the card.  The most tedious job that I had was to outline the frame with a black Sharpie!  I glued the frame to the outside of the card.
I tied the ribbon outside and adhered it to the front with a tiny piece of glue tape.  I glued the rosette to the front.
I used clear acryllic on the window frame.  I used clear tape on the plastic.  This is the first section of the Christmas card.
The next section is for the sentiment.  I left room for writing notes to family and friends.
I made 10 cards!
Here is the Gypsy screen for the card front and window frame.
This is the Gypsy screen for the other images that were used.

Have a blessed Christmas and Holiday Season!  From our family to yours!














17 comments:

Houses Built of Cards said...

WOW!!! Amazing job!!! I'm sure these will be treasured by all who receive them!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Your card is beautiful and recipients will be so happy when they open it. All the detail makes it so special.

Vanessa said...

Wow, so many great details! The cards is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

These are beautiful! All of the details are amazing. Great job!

GabyCreates.com said...

OMGoodness lots of beautiful work that paid off!!! Super great job!

Sis Patterson said...

I am so impressed with this. Not only did you put on your "thinking cap," you applied engineering, home decorating, and antiquing to come up with a lovely gift - it may function as a card - but it is a true gift and I am sure your recipients will feel exactly the same way.

Bunnyfreak said...

Stunning cards. I love all the details.

OCCricut said...

this is BEAUTIFUL .. ... simply EXQUISITE!!!!

Princess Poodle said...

Oh my, this card is simply amazing!

Kelly L said...

Wowzers, these are gorgeous! So much detail, and very nicely done. Hallmark look out! Carolyn will have ya going out of business. :) Love'm

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Wow! Beautiful work!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like all the detail in your Christmas scene card. I do not have Christmas Noel cartridge. The recipients will cherish the cards. I like using the Tacky tape. Works great for scrunching ribbon.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Gina piazza said...

Wow! What a fantastic Christmas card; every detail is just perfect! I love it!

mylittlecraftblog said...

The details are amazing. Your family members will keep that card for years!

To save time outlining the window frame with your Sharpie, you might try first "cutting" with Cricut pens or other brand pens (even little Sharpies), then insert the blade and cut again. It works pretty well.

Happy New Year!

Evelyn

scootingranny said...

This is not just a card, it's a work of art! Fabulous job

Anonymous said...

Can I ask how you cut the window out without the frame edge, for your card? I don't want the whole window to pop out, I want to keep the frame in the card like you did.

Carolyn Lineberger said...

I created this card using my Gypsy. I do not have my G handy right now. I should be able to answer your question in a day or two. Right now, I can't remember the exact steps. I will post the directions as soon as I can.
Carolyn