My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Oh, Holy Night!

A mini-album Christmas Card!  This is totally out of my comfort zone, but I sure did have fun making this project!  The paper is from DCWV "Warm Winter Wishes", the stamp set is from Recollections, and the tree and card shape is from Cricut Cartridge "Joys of the Season".  The crinkle ribbon is a gift from Shelia, The Sassy Lady!
The title "Oh, Holy Night" is stamped and heat embossed on a clear plastic sheet.  The next page is the Three Wise Men as they make their journey East following the Star.
The Wise Men are suppose to be going East, but the stamp set had them heading West!  So, I got to use my "Mirrow Image Stamp" for the very first time!  It worked beautifully!!
I inked the stamp with "Watermark" ink, pressed the stamp on the rubber side of the "Mirror Image Stamp", then stamped the clear Vellum.  The image was almost as perfect as the original!
I used gold embossing powder and heat set the image on the Vellum.
More heat embossed images from the Recollections set.  I added a few trees from a paper punch and a "Merry Christmas" sentiment using outline stickers.
The final stamp from the Recollections set is heat embossed.  The printed sentiment is from a "Papercraft" magazine.  I left space for comments and a signature.
Merry Christmas to all!


10 comments:

Houses Built of Cards said...

This is absolutely LOVELY!!! Beautiful work!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

This is just awesome carolyn!! So very beautiful. I love it!! Whom ever you send this to is going to be so honored to get such a fabulous mini album card. Thank you for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

Hrvatica said...

Such a beautiful mini album card.

Nadia (With Glittering Eyes blog) said...

What a beautiful mini! I love the details and adore the "O Holy Night" text and embossing! Perfect!

Merry Christmas!
Nadia

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the mini album. Especially like the gold heat embossing. I have the stamp set and a Mirror Image Rubber stamp. You've inspired me to use both soon. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Carolyn, this is just FABULOUS... you did a beautiful job on it. I love the heat embossing, i always forget to use it... hoping you have a very Merry Christmas.
hugs sandy from ukiah

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great project and thanks for the reminder to USE the gold heat embossing as it turned out so lovely. TFS

Scrapper69 said...

WOWZER! LOVE it! I think you do amazing things out of your comfort zone Carolyn! :o) I also looked at all the things I've missed on your blog... everything looks wonderful... You've just been crafting away! I'm so jealous! :O) Have a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New year!

Theresa

Diane said...

So beautiful Carolyn and thanks for entering our challenge at Exploring Cricut this week.

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

That was stunning, Carolyn! I can't remember the last time I've heat-embossed something in a long time! Thanks for the inspiration.