My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Santa's Sleigh!

Santa's sleigh is loaded and ready for his big night!
The card base is two sleighs welded together.  I flipped the one on the left and overlapped the pieces to form the weld.  I cut two of the card bases...one in red and one in white.  The sleigh is from the Cricut Cartridge "Winter Woodland"
A Gypsy tip...I created this project using the Gypsy and a 12x12. I cut all the images from one sheet of cardstock (the main color) and kept the template.
I used the template to cut the exact size of contrasting paper that I needed.
I secured the small pieces of paper to the mat using painter's tape.  It is important to have the paper secure to the mat.  The moving blade will cause the small pieces to come loose.
Here are the contrasting images cut from scrap paper.
The red card base is run through the Xyron.  Then it is adhered to the white card base.
The red and white card bases are glued together using the Xyron adhesive.
The black sleigh image is adhered to the red shadow.
Foam tape is used to put on the next layer.  I wanted to leave space to add presents to the sleigh.
I cut a piece of clear acryllic and glued it into the space where the presents will go.  This will give me a base to glue the gifts down.  I will trim off the excess plastic later.
The assortment of gifts are from stickers, Jolee embellishments,  and the Cricut Cartridge "Sweethearts"
The sleigh is glued to the front of the card base.
To add strength to the card, a card front was created using dark blue cardstock.  The cardstock is embossed with the Cuttlebug folder "Snowflakes".
Before the paper is embossed, the folder is covered with ColorBox "Frost White" pigment ink.
While the ink is still wet, the surface is covered with Holographic embossing powder and heated.  The completed card is glued to another piece of cardstock to increase the strength even more.  The edges are rounded with a paper punch.
View of card.  A sentiment is stamped on the outside.  A few holly leaves and berries add to the decoration.
The sleigh opens to reveal the sentiment and place for a signature.
Close up view of presents!

I had a small crafting accident while making this card...
Don't squeeze the Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive bottle too hard!  Fortunately, everything cleaned up nicely!  Even...me...

Thank you for visiting my blog today!  Have a wonderful weekend!










19 comments:

Diane said...

Your card is beautiful and I love it! Thanks for entering Exploring Cricuts challenge this week.

ChatterScene.com said...

Very pretty:)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Beautiful card.... I chuckled when I saw the little accident.... as I alwasy have them or bloopers many of which get cought on camera! I am learning to edit though! LOL TFS

Sis Patterson said...

Super fabulous card, Carolyn. You really did a lot of planning and designing to put this one together. It's darling, and I love how it opens.

Sharon said...

WOW!!!! And I do mean WOW!!!! This is fantastic! I so love your card!!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!! :)

Tanya said...

Oh my goodness lady...you sure did have a mess on your hands! Can't tell you how many times I have created a mess in my craft corner! Your card turned out beautifully despite your glue explosion! I love the sleigh full of toys, it is just adorable! And, I love your embossed background...love the shimmer and shine. This is just a beautiful card!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Awesome as always ...

Bunnyfreak said...

Love how the card opens and the inside sentiment.

cricaholic said...

LOVE the card.TFS
LOL!! WOW what a mess...take note.. a LITTLE squeeze will do ya.

Houses Built of Cards said...

AMAZING job!!! Thanks for the picture tutorial also!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

~ Lori ~ said...

Very cute! That's a lot of work!

Lori
Bloggin The Crafts
lori at true dungeon dot com

Inkyfingers said...

Wow Carolyn! This absolutely fantastic and I love it. Thanks for the step by step pictures which have given me a lot of inspiration. The painters tape tip is great and I love the inked up embossing folder. I hope the mishap with the glue hasn't ruined your jumper.
Hugs
Carol x

Princess Poodle said...

What a beautiful card and I love all the details! I've said it before but I do love all your creations. I also enjoy the step by step photos. I am happy you included the glue explosion it made me smile.

Brenda said...

Love your beautiful card Carolyn! Thank you for the step by step instructions!

http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Your card looks fantastic! Great details! I have had the same accident with my scotch glue!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

CREATIONS BY MOMMY said...

Very cute!! TFS.. I'm your newest follower:)

Kelly L said...

Very nicely done! You put a lot of work into this masterpiece, and it shows! Sorry to see the little accident you had, but happy it cleaned up nicely! :) Have a Merry Christmas!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

What a wonderful card! Lots of awesome details - you have outdone yourself!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful sleigh card. I've been learning & practicing welding with my Gypsy and will give the sleigh a try. Thanks for sharing all including the glue mishap. I'm a new follower now that I'm browsing more of your blog.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com