My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Snowman Gift Tag!

Front of Snowman Gift Tag
Back of Snowman Gift Tag!
The tag is made using a charm image from Cricut Cartridge "Doodlecharms" and the Snowman image from Cricut Circle Exclusive Cartridge "Paper Trimmings".
I placed one a snowman on the charm (tag) to cut out an opening for the snowmen.
I used the Gypsy and a 6x12 mat to layout the images and layers.
I made a 'mirror' image of one snowman and the layers to create the backside of the tag.
I cut out two of the mats using blue cardstock for the mat.  I 'sandwiched' a piece of clear plastic between the two tags.
I cut two snowmen from glitter paper.  One snowman is a 'mirror' image of the other.  As I cut several of the mats, I used various colors for the layers.  A paper punch by Martha Stewart was used to cut the holly and berries.
The two sides of the tag are glued together with clear plastic between.  The clear plastic will be used to adhere the snowmen to the tag.
Pop-dots of glue are used to give dimension to the tag.
Blue Snowflake Ribbon from Michaels Craft Store
Large Snowflake paper punch from Martha Stewart
White Gel Pen used to create 'stitching' around card
Little heart paper punch with 'stitching'
"To" stamped on the front
"From" stamped on the back

This tag will be entered into the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge...
Thank you for visiting my blog!






15 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Carolyn this is just as cute as can be! I just love snowmen!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Well it took me a minute to figure out what u had done , what a cute idea ...you are so creative ...

Vanessa said...

That's so adorable! Such a clever idea to use the plastic between the layers! TFS!

Sarah said...

Cute--the snowmen are adorable! Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week :)

Lisa B said...

Such a super cute snowman tag!

Bunnyfreak said...

Love this tag.

Hrvatica said...

Cute, cute, cute. Wonderful job on the layers.

CREATIONS BY MOMMY said...

What a super cute tag you made!! Love the creative ideas. TFS:)

Cricut Couple said...

Oh.... What an amazing design! Thanks for sharing so many wonderful details! What a clever idea!!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great snowman tag!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Beckie said...

Super idea with the plastic in the middle. Love your tag. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!

Be Blessed, Beckie

Josie0602 said...

So cute!!

Tracy

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

I love how you used clear plastic. That snowman is so cute!

Kate said...

This is so cute! I especially like the holly on his hat - and your faux stitching is such a lovely touch, too!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

scootingranny said...

I always make such plain tags for Christmas. You are inspiring me to do better next year