My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sophie Challenge for Cricut Circle Blog!

The challenge is to create a project using the Circle Exclusive Cricut Cartridge "Sophie".  We must use at least 3 images from the cartridge.  I have made a set of two notecards and matching bookmarks  in a portfolio.
Card 1 is made using the 'flowers1' image on page 63 in the handbook.  I cut 2 of the images.
I created the card by gluing the two images together and used colored Velum to color the images on the card and bookmark.  I adhered the Velum to the back of the image using tape.
Inside view of card.
The second card is made using 'Flowers2' image on page 65 in the handbook.  I cut 2 images of the card and bookmark.
I sandwiched colored Velum between the two images to create the color on the flower.
Inside view of card.
Cards, bookmarks, and portfolio.
I created the portfolio using the 'Doily' image from page 64 in the handbook.  The finished image was 11inches x 11 inches when cut out.
 I scored the doily at 5 1/2 inches vertically and 3 3/4 inches horizontally. I have marked the score lines with pencil.
Fold the bottom edge up.  Fold the sides together.  Punch a hole for the ribbon.
Open the portfolio. Cut a ribbon at 24 inches and thread through the punched holes.
Adhere the center of the ribbon to the paper to keep the ribbon from moving.
For more detailed instructions on how to make the portfolio, please click...
Cards, envelopes, and bookmarks in the portfolio!  Ready to close and tie!
The decoration on the portfolio is one of the flowers that was left on the cutting mat!  I covered it with Martha Stewart glitter and some beading.  Add a stamped sentiment, tie the bow, and the gift is ready to be wrapped!

Thank you for visiting my blog!  Have a wonderful day!


9 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Carolyn they are just beautiful , good luck on the challenge

Cricutbug - Marie said...

This is beautiful! What a wonderful gift for a very lucky person!
Marie

**Treefrog** said...

Carolyn these are Beautiful! What a Great gift idea. I am lovin this cart and I agree that there are soooo many great images and possibilities! Good Luck on the challenge!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Diane said...

Beautiful and what wonderful gift.

Josie0602 said...

So pretty!! Good luck!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Very beautiful set, Carolyn! Loved how you made the portfolio - very clever.

;) Melody

ChatterScene.com said...

Beautiful:) TFS

Lori said...

I love your portfolio and everything in it... The design, color,and quote are just beautiful.

OCCricut said...

Carolyn, this decorative package is BEAUTIFUL!!! I've made a few of these portfolios as Christmas gifts. Thanks for your inspiration!!! I LOVE making them!!!

I posted a couple of my site...
http://www.occricut.blogspot.com/

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
HUGS!!!