My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Craft Room Organization 2012--Paper Storage

There is an on-going thread on the Cricut Circle Message Board featuring
organizing hints for our craftroom or area. 
Today's feature is storing whole sheets of paper---12x12 and 8 1/2 x 11.
This wall holds mostly solid colored cardstock.

This section is 8 1/2 inches x 11 inches solid colored cardstock/paper.
The paper is grouped according to colors and stored horizontally in the shelves
8 1/2 inch x 11 inch patterned paper is stored in a drawer.
12 inch x 12 inch solid colored cardstock/paper is stored in the slots of these Jet Max cubes.
Selected patterned 12 inch x 12 inch cardstock/paper is stored in altered and labeled folders in these wire racks.
Additional 12 inch x 12 inch patterned cardstock is store on a wire rack from Hobby Lobby that is layed on its side for each use.
The paper is stored according to design.  There are labels for each section.  The paper is kept in altered and labeled file folders.
Example of an altered and labeled file folder.
Not fancy, but effective!
Another example of an altered and labeled file folder.
Paper packs waiting to be stored! 
One of the reasons I must use my stash and stop buying paper!!

Thank you for visiting my blog!  Have a wonderful day!







9 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like your organization. I thought I had a lot of paper. I keep my paper in the plastic Iris containers bought from Michaels in which they had a wonderful sale on of $1.99 each during Thanksgiving holidays. I separate my regular core'dinations from Tim Holtz core'dinations and my other solids, patterns by holiday & non-holiday, glitter paper, solid color shiny paper, vellum, Kraft cardstock and matstacks. Think that is all my categories. I did not buy any new matstacks during the holidays (was looking for the kind with Kraft paper on one side & Christmas pattern on other side but did not find so did not buy any) and have made a resolution to use up the matstacks I have. Happy New Year!
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

~ Lori ~ said...

Wow...all I can say is "And I thought I had a lot of paper"! Lady you have a store there!

Mel said...

Nice organization ideas Carolyn... It must be fun to play in your craft room.

Debbie said...

Well MamaC..you win! You have more paper than me..which is quite a feat !! LOL thanks for showing us how you have it all stored. I have a similiar system for all my cardstock. Working on my Patterend paper now..so much harder to sort !

PolkaDotPrincess said...

Okay, you win! I have a ton of papers, but I think you may have beaten me! Woot woot! Someone has more than me! lol! Mine are similar to yours, except I still need to organize the themes of my papers. Good job!

Rose said...

Fantastic! I envy all of you with a craftroom. I have all my paper in the color sections too, even the pattered paper. I then have themes that I scrap about and holidays.

Debby said...

Wow Carolyn! What a great craft space and wonderful storage units. Love how organized your paper is. TFS

CarolynG said...

LOVE your scrap room. I am trying to use up my scraps before buying more paper. It is funny how addicting paper can be :)

scootingranny said...

Nice!