My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It is still Christmas at my house! Edited for flower instructions!

I received this gorgeous Christmas card on Monday from my special friend
Erna from South Africa!
Erna is a member of the Cricut Message Board!
**Erna sent the instructions for these beautiful flowers.**
Instructions are at the end of this post!
Look at the marvelous detail and beautiful handmade embellishments!
Beautiful paper quilling!
Wonderful flowers and glitter, too!
Lots of dimension!  Thank you so much for this gorgeous card, Erna!

**Instructions from Erna**
I have used the following dies:
The quilled flowers: Cuttlebug Chrysanthemum Kit, and the petals from the Rose/Carnation Kit.
The roses: Sizzix Bigz Die – Flowers 3-D (I think there are similar flowers on the Cricut Flower Shoppe Cartridge)
The little organza flowers: Tim Holtz Sizzix Tattered Florals (organza is a very versatile material for scrapbooking!)
I must admit that I did not use my Cricut at all for this card – but at least I used the cuttlebug. The quilled flowers are also easy to make if you have the Martha Stewart fringe scissors. The nice thing about the scissors is that you are not limited in the size of the flowers.
Like I said in my letter, I like making flowers!

Erna also included a 2012 South Africa calendar!
Here is the picture for January 2012
Groot Constantia, Cape Winelands
Western Cape, South Africa

Monday was a fun day! I won a cartridge on "Everyday Cricut" and received a Christmas present from Erna!

Thank you, Erna!  Everyone have a wonderful day!




18 comments:

Darlene 'Dee' Bishop said...

Oh, I love that, Carolyn! (Found you from your "winning" post on Everyday Cricut!)... How did Erna make the flowers? They are so creative!

Dee

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Thank you for your comment! I am not 100% sure, but I think Erna made the flowers using paper quilling. Maybe she will read this and send me an email! :0)
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

RockinRenee said...

How non-traditional and lovely!

Darlene 'Dee' Bishop said...

Well, she did a great job!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a beautiful card. Love the colors and the flowers are amazing. TFS

Kimberli said...

Beautiful card and calendar! Congrats on your win, that's awesome!!

Scrapper69 said...

Oh WOW! That is a BEAUTIFUL Christmas Card! I LOVE all the flowers Erna made.... What a fun treat for you! :o)

Theresa

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Sounds like you had a very very special day... the card is beautiful... thanks for sharing it with us...

CREATIVE M said...

A Beautiful card! Love it!
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

Shelley said...

This card is beautiful!

Shelley

Missy said...

Wow, those flowers are absolutely incredible! So pretty!!

Cricut Couple said...

Just wonderful! I love those quilling kits!!!

Hrvatica said...

What a gorgeous card. You are so lucky to be its recipient.

Inkyfingers said...

This is such a lovely card Carolyn and it must have been well packaged to come all that way without damaging those pretty embelishments! Congratulations on the cartridge too. I hope 2012 is good to you.
Hugs
Carol x

Josie0602 said...

So pretty! I guess I need to break out my Cuttlebug quilling kit!
Tracy

Mary said...

This is soooo Pretty! I just love it! I miss seeing you posts on the MB. Hope to see you back soon.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

JJewel said...

I love all of the dimension in the flowers!! I need to just sit down an try all of these. I never take the time to do them!! And I love them.