My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Fabric Paper by DCWV "Love is in the Air" Blog Hop!

THIS POST WAS FOR THE
"Love is in the Air" Blog Hop posted by Paulette
on January 28, 2012
I used the "Fabric Paper" Stack by DCWV
for my project.

My project is creating Valentine cards using the newest

DCWV "Adhesive Fabric Paper".
This card is created using DCWV "Adhesive Fabric Paper".
The card front and top layer are cut from the fabric paper and then stitched (after all it is fabric!). 
The hearts are cut from the Fabric Paper (do not remove the paper backing) using the Cricut Create, stitched, and then layered with Velum hearts (used a paper punch).  I embossed the Velum hearts with Cuttlebug embossing folders.  To cut the Fabric Paper in the Cricut Create, I lay the fabric side down on the mat and cut from the backside.  I put the speed and pressure on high, the blade depth (on the blade housing) on 6, and cut the image twice.
The embossed area of the hearts  is highlighted with Colorbox ink "Pink"
The pink flowers, pink cloth ribbon, and small beads are from my stash. 
I made the stick pin using a corsarge pin from Walmart and an assortment of beads from my stash!
This is the "Adhesive Fabric Paper" stack that was used.
Close-up view of the fabric.
The backing peels back to leave a fine layer of beautiful fabric that can be used on a variety of projects!
This cards shows two other fabrics that are in the stack.  The Rosette is cut from the Fabric Paper using the Tim Holtz rosette die and the Cuttlebug.  The Fabric Paper did not cut as clean as the Cricut, I had to clip some fibers. A sheet or two of cardstock added to the 'sandwich' in the Cuttlebug would have been helpful.  I left the backing on the Fabric Paper to give it 'body'.  The ribbon, trim, and sticker are from my stash.  The paper edge trim is a Martha Stewart edge punch.  The stick pin is a Walmart corsage pin with assorted beads added.
Inside card
A different sheet of the Fabric Paper.
The crinkle ribbon is a gift from Shelia "She's a Sassy Lady"
Metal heart embellishment is from my stash
Inside card
Not a Valentine card, but I wanted to show that you can use the Fabric Paper with the
Cricut Cartridge "Flower Shoppe"!
The flower is 'Design 1'.  I left the backing on the Fabric Paper to give it dimension.  The stick pin is a corsage pin from Walmart with an assortment of beads from my stash.
Inside card

Here's the Blog List of those that participated in the Blog Hop!
Paulette from http://scrapalette.blogspot.com/
Dana from http://danascraftycorner.blogspot.com/
Beth from http://thunderbirdlindybydesign.blogspot.com/
Sis from http://papercraftscissors.wordpress.com/
Doreen from http://polkadotpaperprincess.blogspot.com/
Cindy from http://www.inlovewithpaper.blogspot.com/
Deb from http://www.queenmommy.com/
Michele from http://www.michelegreen.com/
Carolyn from http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com/
Colleen from http://scrappycol.blogspot.com/
Elizabeth from http://www.217creations.com/
Sukie from http://www.scrappindhilly.blogspot.com/
Sharon from http://designsbysharon.blogspot.com/

Thank you for visiting my blog today!  I hope you have learned something from your visit!  Comments are always appreciated!

53 comments:

Bunnyfreak said...

Beautiful cards. Love the fabric paper.

scrapalette said...

What beautiful cards! That fabric paper looks like fun! :)

Scrappin Dhilly said...

Very pretty! I saw that fabric paper and was wondering how it would cut in the Cricut. You did an amazing job!

scrappindhilly at gmail dot com
www.scrappindhilly.blogspot.com

RockinRenee said...

I bought this stack too, but haven't cut yet. What settings did you use? Love all the cards...they are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That fabric paper is beautiful !
Anna N.
ann2236@juno.com

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Thank you for the kind words. I have added the cutting information to the post. I lay the Fabric Paper fabric side down on the mat, set the speed and pressure on high, the blade depth on 6, and cut the image twice.

Carol's Creations said...

Wow! These cards are gorgeous! I love the fabric you used...beautiful!

Newbie2crafting said...

Very beautiful card.

Dana
Danascraftycorner.blogspot.com

Sis Patterson said...

Beautiful cards - I wasn't aware of fabric paper before! I definitely learned from my visit and I have yet to make it to the Separating Layers entry!

Diane Hodrick said...

I have not seen this fabric paper...but think I am in love. Great projects!

Scrappin with the bug said...

Wow - just STELLER.. I love your cards and they are just so beautiful.

I was actually going to use that same paper to make my cards but didn't want to cut it. It's sooooo pretty (I know why did I buy it). I am glad you gave us some tips. Looks like it cuts nicely.

Thanks for sharing Love your work.

Terri

Rebecca W said...

Beautiful cards- thanks for sharing your experience with the fabric paper!

Brenda said...

Beautiful cards, as is all your work! I'm going to have to get some fabric paper now.

http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/

Deb said...

Another beautiful card in your collection. I love your work!!

Kathy213 said...

Your cards are beautiful! Thank you for sharing your ideas. Beautiful!

Amy said...

pretty! I knew you could cut fabric"paper" with the cricut, but I didn't know a company had started making it - I'll have to keep my eyes out for some

swiagal said...

You always have such beautiful cards. Love them! Thanks for the inspiration.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Your cards are just beautiful! Love that fabric paper. What did you set you Expression at to cut that? Love it!

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Shelia,
I used my Create and set the speed and pressure at high, the blade depth at 6, and cut the image twice. I placed the fabric side down on the mat.
Thank you for all the kind words!
Carolyn

Brenda said...

Very pretty!! I love the fabric paper...gotta try it!!

Brenda Z.

Diane said...

Beautiful card and what a fun blog hop with all the Valentine projects. I have seen that fabric at J's, but wasn't sure how to use it. Thanks for the tutorial.

Sage said...

thanks for demonstrating the fabric paper...I see that it is easy to use for projects--it's on my list now!

PolkaDotPrincess said...

Very nice cards! I love the fabric paper!

cdm317 said...

Fabric paper! Looks like it was made just for you! I will have to buy some of this when I end my spending ban. LOL!
Seriously, your cards are gorgeous! Thank you for the directions.
Colleen

JennyKozar said...

These are lovely! The embossing is just beautiful.

Lisa B said...

MamaC - Your projects are stunning, as always!

Pat said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing. I have not yet seen that paper but now I will have to be on the lookout for it.
pjballew

Angie said...

fbric paper is so neat and i love to stitch too !!

motomom said...

what a pretty card, so soft looking love the light pink and the fabric paper is wonderful

bird said...

What a very elegant card. I just love the colors. TFS

Georgiana said...

Extremely elegant. Love the colors and that paper pad looks wonderful. So many awesome elements on all your cards. I hope you will stop by to add your pin at my Beads and Pin Pictorial.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Sheila said...

Beautiful cards - love the fabric!

Stampin' Meg said...

This is so lovely-and so nice to know that the Cricut was able to cut thru the "fabric-paper"!

Sara Andrews said...

Beautiful cards!

Mona said...

Love your cards! Thanks for sharing!!!

Gina piazza said...

What beautiful cards! and I love that fabric paper. I have never seen it before; but I am going to be on the lookout..

Michele Green said...

Fun! I haven't seen this fabric paper around here yet. I can definitely see how it would soften your card just enough!

Tammy said...

Carolyn, your cards are AWESOME. Wish I could create cards like that. WOW.

scrapaholicjen said...

Beautiful card! I've never seen that fabric stack before - I for sure will be on the lookout for it!
qtme2003 at yahoo dot ca

marg0006 said...

Great cards. very chic.
marg0006@verizon.net
Loving Scrapper101

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Beautiful cards Carolyn

Tina said...

Gorgeous cards!

jordanbev5 said...

Wow! Your cards blew me away! Love all your beautiful details and how soft and femine they are! Just stunning!
Beverly at jordanbev5@yahoo.com

Vickie said...

Caroline this is Beautiful. I looked for the Fabric Stack at my M's today, but they didn't have it. where did you get yours at?

http://vickiesscrappings.blogspot.com

Sherri said...

Beautiful cards. It's nice to know that the Cricut will cut fabric paper. Thanks for the tips. See you on the Circle MB.

jjlarson said...

I love the fabric paper. Your cards turned out great.
jjlarson@nvc.net

Josie0602 said...

Oh Carolyn, your cards are just breathtaking! I love that fabric paper and it makes your cards so soft and romantic. I love the one with the rosette and the stick pin!
Tracy
http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

Ladybug said...

Whaaaaaat??? There's adhesive backed fabric?? Carolyn, you find the neatest things!!! TFS!

Your cards are beautiful!!! (as per usual!) :-) TFS!

Lori said...

I agree you find the beswt things and best of all - you share. Your cards are so beautiful!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are great Valentines!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Roxx.T Barnes said...

I adore all the stitching & detail you put on all your cards!Each post on your blog are so informative!Love your Blog!!
Thanks for sharing your work.
Roxx

Trent and Meg said...

Love these!!! Nice work :)

Ohhh Snap said...

Beautiful card! I didn't even know fabric paper existed, and I'm not sure my budget will like that I know lol.