My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Mat Cleaning Tip of the Day!

I found these cleaning wipes on the clearance shelf at Joann's last week.  The box originally was priced between $6.00-7.00 (must be good stuff, I thought).  The clearance price was $2.31.  I read that the wipes were good for removing ink and gunk...must be good stuff!!  So I bought a box.  This was one of the best purchases I made all day!  This truly is good stuff!!!
This is not the worse Cricut mat that I have, but it is bad enough for me to sacrifice to the new cleaning cloths.  I wanted to see if they were as good as the box said.
Close-Up view of the gunk!
I took out one of those cloths and started scrubbing!  I mean I scrubbed!  Using the spatula and my fingernails, I scrubbed down to the plastic!  I had decided I would use my nice clean plastic for the bottom of a cloth bag if I removed all the sticky!
And it worked!  I cleaned that mat so good! 
It was slightly damp, but dried in just a matter of minutes.

Guess what....
It worked!!!!  The sticky is back!  I haven't had to use the painter's tape!
I used this mat on my projects for the Imagine project
and the "Love is in the Air" project
and the mat is still sticky!

This is good stuff!!!
PS...I don't have a 'letterpress'.  I don't even know what it is!  However, I am sure going to keep an eye-out for more of these fabulous cleaning cloths!!

You all have a great day!



23 comments:

Sis Patterson said...

I have seen them but didn't have any idea how great they are! I see a trip to Joann's is in my future!

Josie0602 said...

Thanks for the great tip! I will have to see if I can find them!
Tracy

Gail said...

I will try to find this.My mats are aweful

Sara Andrews said...

Holy cow! You haven't seen the magic the Letter Press can do??? Then use this as your warning...don't look! I got to use one at a retreat and if you make a lot of cards, it would be fabulous!! Hint, hint! But I couldn't justify the cost and clean up. (And to be totally honest, he didn't have the kit that would work with my Cuttlebug.) Thanks for the tip!

JennyKozar said...

Thanks for the awesome tip! I have to runs few errands today and will look out for these.

Ali said...

Wow! That is impressive! Thanks for the tip!

Ladybug said...

Tooooo cool! I'm guessing we don't have this, here, in the Great White North, tho! :-) TFS!

cdm317 said...

I'll have to keeo my eyes open for these. Thanks
Colleen

Melody Lane Designs said...

these have been on clearance at my Hobby Lobby but they were still around $5 do I didn't know if they were any better than baby wipes. Thanks for sharing I think I may go get it now.

bird said...

I havent seen these but I sure am going to look for them now. My mats need to be revived..

Debby said...

I don't know what a Lettterpress is either. But, Paperwishes.com is currently selling one and these wipes are available thru them. I just might get a packwith my current order. I do what ever I can not to open a new pack of cutting mats.
Thanks for all the ideas. I like to read your blog often especially when I get a creators block. Thanks for all the hard work.

scootingranny said...

I saw some of these the other day, picked them up and looked at them, decided not to buy because I thought baby wipes would do the same thing. Guess I was wrong...will head back there next week to see if they are still there! TFS

Tina said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm wondering where they would be if they aren't in the clearance section.

Debbie said...

Wonderful find ! Guess I will need to hit up my J's tomorrow and see if I can score some of those wipes too :) thanks for the tip Carolyn

Laura Lee said...

thanks for the tip! :)

Lori said...

Thank you, Carolyn - it would be so great not to use the dern painter's tape! lol

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

I have never seen these before, but they look very neat. I usually use baby wipes, but they don't help making the mat sticky again! TFS!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

scrapperbecka said...

Thanks for the great advice mamac, I will have to check my joann.
Becka

Cricut Couple said...

Well, I will be on the lookout for these! I hope they sell them at Michaels. Hee! Hee!

Maria Jhun said...

I have letterpress and I do have a box of this wipes but never tried using to clean my cricut mat. Thank you for posting this info. Letterpress wipes are sold at archievers.

Roxx.T Barnes said...

Carolyn,

Thank you for your nice comments on my blog & for this awesome tip.
I'll have to keep my eyes open for these cleaning cloths.

Roxx.

JJewel said...

Nice tip!!

divinecrone said...

Fabulous! I've had good luck with baby wipes, but they don't work quite that well... Thank you for sharing!