My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Friday, February 10, 2012

DCWV "The Silky Smooth" stack and Cricut Cartridge "Flower Shoppe"

I wanted to try the Cricut Cartridge "Flower Shoppe" with the new DCWV "The Silky Smooth" Stack.  I will be using the bottom flower "Mum"
This is the new "The Silky Smooth" paper stack by DCWV.  I also have the neutral colors and will be using white from that stack.  I needed a green paper that wasn't available in these two stacks.  I used a green sheet from the ColorBox paper sold at Walmart.
The "Silky Smooth" cardstock cut beautifully in the Cricut Create! 
Here are two layers of a 5 1/4 inch flower.  This is going to be a very large flower!
Look how clean the cut is on the spiral!  This is for the 5 1/4 inch flower.  I will use a quilling tool to wind the spiral into a flower shape.
These are parts of the small 2 inch flower.  The cuts are clean and smooth on the smaller size as well!  Excellent, so far!
Two more layers for the 2 inch flower!
The two flowers assembled!  The centers rolled so easily!  I have some of the layers adhered with dimensional dots to give it depth.  There was no difference in the cutting action between the large and small flowers.  Both cut clean and smooth!
I made this card using the small (2 inch) flower.
'StazOn" ink works great on "The Silky Smooth" cardstock!  It dries quickly!
However, watch out for pigment ink! 
It will not dry without using embossing powder and heat!
The Cuttlebug folder "Japanese Scales" was used for the background of the card.
The metal embellishments are from a collection by Anna Griffin.  I found this box at Tuesday Morning Department Store.
Close up of card details.  Notice how great "The Silky Smooth" cardstock works with the Cuttlebug embossing folder!
I used the large flower (5 1/4 inches) on this "BFF" scrapbook page!
"The Silky Smooth" cardstock is perfect for the center of this flower!  It rolled easily and then loosened to form the center so beautifully!
I used the Cricut Cartridge "Cricut Classic Font" to cut these letters from
"The Silky Smooth" stack.  The green paper is from ColorBox stack sold at Walmart.
 I added press-on pearls to the tiny green embellishments!
These are sticker words that I had in my stash!
The frames to hold pictures are SpellBinders Nestibilities.  The green flower border is from the Cricut Circle Exclusive Cartridge "Paper Trimmings".

Thank you for visiting my blog today!  I cherish all comments!



13 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Those flowers are awesome.... love the center, it turned out perfect. TFS

Trent and Meg said...

LOVE the dimensions of the flowers!!! Good work!!

Tammy said...

Well darn now I have to ck out that paper pack. :) Love your flowers and cards Carolyn.

Tanya said...

Oh wow Carolyn! Those flowers are just drop dead gorgeous! I bought that paper stack a few days ago and haven't done anything with it. You have inspired me to give it a try with these flowers...just beautiful!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

They turned just perfect.. I love the little thing you put 'hello friend' and 'dream' in, I think I have some of those, I am going to have to try to organize my stuff so I know where things are. I tried to make flowers, they didn't turn out that well.. Maybe I am using the wrong king of paper..
I love the colors you used, they really are beautiful

Mary said...

Those flowers are beautiful, I may have to go play with that cart a little bit. Great job!

Vanessa said...

Beautiful flowers! The card and layout are lovely! Thanks for sharing your experience with the pigment ink and Silky Smooth cardstock.

Cindy Vernon said...

Great job. Thanks so much for showing these flowers...they look so much different in person, your project is fabulous.

Maria Jhun said...

I love your flower project....Now, I have to go tomorrow to get this paper stock!

Scrapper69 said...

Oh WOW! That turned out BEAUTFIUL!!!! LOVE that Flower! :O)

Cricut Couple said...

Perfection!!! Your flowers are perfect! You have really great taste! I have that set by Anna too. Hee! Hee!

Susie Craft Happy said...

So cute MomaC. I absolutely love it!!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

I have been loving the rolled flowers made with the Art Philosophy cart, which I thought were my absolute favorites, but now you just reminded me I have this cart too LOL! Love how yours turn out and love the colors too!