My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Heart Full of Love! DCWV "The Silky Smooth" Stack, TBBM, and Tim Holtz!

Today's post is a "Heart Bag" made from DCWV "The Silky Smooth" Cardstock Stack, the Cricut Cartridge "Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More", and Tim Holtz Rosette Dies.
To create the bag, I used the handheld design program "Gypsy" from ProvoCraft.  I used the "Heart Purse" image from the Cricut Cartridge "Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More".  I placed the image on a slant on the 12 x 12inch mat.  This allows a larger image.
Tip...don't use the slant position on images that are created using fabric.  It will put the image on the bias of the fabric and it will stretch (unless you want this to happen :0)!
Also, be careful when using one-way designs, stripes, and plaids!
Here is the difference...this bag measures 11.68 inches x 6.18 inches.
The bag cut on the previous screen measures 13.46 inches x 7.12 inches.
The "Heart Purse" is cut from "The Silky Smooth" Cardstock Stack by DCWV.  The paper is wonderfully smooth and cuts beautifully in the Cricut.  The paper has a white core, so it was necessary to use a black marker to cover the white 'tic' marks made when cutting the image.  However, the 'tic' marks can be avoided by deleting the marks using the Gypsy before cutting.
The black trim was purchased at Hobby Lobby and applied to the bag using Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive.  The red heart is a piece of "Silky Smooth" cardstock that is outlined with "Black Diamond" Stickles.  The glittery red ribbon is from my stash.
All the Rosettes were made using the Tim Holtz rosette dies.  There are three sizes shown here.  The red rosettes are made using "The Silky Smooth" Cardstock Stack.  Other rosettes are some I had in my stash.  I used a variety of toppers for the rosettes, also from my Valentine stash!
In Black!
In Pink!

Thank you for visiting my blog!  Have a wonderful day and may it be filled with love and peace!
Comments are always appreciated!


19 comments:

Maria Jhun said...

Oh! Carolyn... I am trying not to buy anything for a while but you made me decide to get this cartridge!!!! I love the heart shape bag you made!

ChatterScene.com said...

I love this! I love the colors you chose. I dont have this cart yet but I hope to have it soon.

missstamper said...

Wonderful!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Beautiful.... just love it and I must try this cart I got it two weeks ago and haven't put it to use... Wow this is an awesome project. TFS

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a beautiful purse , love how you put ll the rosettes in it ... Thank u for the tip

Tanya said...

Gorgeous! I love all those fabulous rosettes and all the sparkle and shine...lovely!

Kim said...

These are so cute and I love the rosettes you added! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kim said...

These are so cute and I love the rosettes you added! Thanks for the inspiration!

Inkyfingers said...

Oh Carolyn, how I wish I were on your Valentine list! These are gorgeous.
Hugs
Carol x

bird said...

Very cute heart and the rosseats are beautiful.

Cricut Couple said...

Stunning! I mean STUNNING!!!

Missy said...

Your heart bag looks incredible, and look at all those rosettes!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are super cute valentine bags!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are super cute valentine bags!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Trent and Meg said...

Nice work!!!! :D So perfect for the Silky Smooth Cardstock :D

OCCricut said...

CAROLYN!!! I am in AWE of your latest creations!!! Such works of ART!!! And BOY, you've been a busy girl!!!! Can't wait to see some of this stuff in person this weekend!! <3 Steph

Scrapper69 said...

WOWZER Carolyn! That looks AMAZING! I LOVE that heart basket and those rosettes look AMAZING too!! :o)

Tanya said...

Carolyn just wanted to let you know that I received your gorgeous heart shaped purse for Trinitie in the mail yesterday! It arrived in perfect condition and is even prettier in person. I will be delivering everything to Trin's grandmother in a few days and I know Trinitie is going to love this! Thank you again for your sweet gift and kind thoughts for Trinitie!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Love the chic heart bags, Carolyn!