My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Stamped Sentiment Storage!

I enjoy buying and using stamps with sentiments!  All kinds of sentiments!
I store wood block sentiment stamps on the wall of my craftroom
using a peg board and narrow wooden strips of wood.
I store acryilic sentiment stamps in large 3-ring notebooks!

I love to make cards!  One day I was looking for just the right sentiment for a card!
I had a brilliant thought!
Why not go ahead and stamp a bunch of sentiments and have them ready for use!
Thus began a nearly 2-week project!
I stamped all my sentiments (6-8 times each) on white paper using 'StazOn' ink.
I used 'StazOn' because it dries quickly and Copic Markers will not blur the edges!
I allowed a large margin around the sentiments. 
This will make the stamped sentiment easy to use on a card or project!
As I finished stamping a sentiment, I would put the copies into a small plastic bag.
I used the jewelry bags from Walmart.
Then the bags were sorted according to use and stored in boxes from Walmart.
I color coded the different categories of sentiments.
Close up of one of the boxes of stamped sentiments.
These boxes contain hundreds of sentiment that were stamped and sorted!
I labeled the outside of the boxes for easy use!
Here are a few of the cards that I made this weekend at a crop!
I carried the boxes of sentiments and made them available for my cropping buddies.
I had so many compliments on the idea!

Have a great day and a wonderful week!


14 comments:

Susie Craft Happy! said...

Wow MomaC, you have your craft room whipped into shape! You get the official You Go Girl - Organizing Award. BTW - Loving all the things you're doing with the DCWV papers. Have a great week!!!

Kristen said...

You did a wonderful job. Thanks for sharing the tip. I need to get my stamps in order.

Michele said...

I always love seeing how others organize their scrap space! Love your ideas! And your cards are beautiful! And I have to tell you Carolyn....you hold a special place in my heart....you always brighten my day with your sweet words and visits....thank you for that! Hugs!

Bunnyfreak said...

Thanks for sharing this idea. You could get together with friends and use each others sentiment stamps this way too.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Wow what a great idea....

Debby said...

It was so nice to see that we have many of the same 'sentiment' stamps. I'm in between projects at the monemt and I am gonna lift this from you!! I never thought of such a thing, but it will be so convienent(sp). I think I will leave a large amount of space so I can cut and add when I use it. Thanks so much for sharing this !!

Anonymous said...

I am really having a hard time to get a comment posted. this is now my 4th try, so I'll keep it very short. Thanks so much for your ideas, I really want to give them a try, it will save me a lot of time, once I get the job done. I don't have as many stamps so maybe the process will go faster. I do a lot of cards for people that need encourgement, get well, comfort, etc. I think I better let it go for now before I lose this also.
Thanks, again,
hugs, Flo

Sara Andrews said...

What a great idea! I can totally see you loading these up in your little wagon.

Maria said...

What a wonderful idea!

Tammy said...

What a great idea, my prob would be that I dont have very many stamps but this would also work with computer gen. ones. Thanks for sharing this idea. ;)

Erna said...

Do you want to come an organize my scraproom for me ... pretty please!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

You are just soooo organized! I am so jealous of your sentiment collection, girl! Love your tip on stamping a few so that they're ready to be used - very clever!

MLiss3 said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to re-explain how you store you stamps. I really do like how you store sentiments. Very organized and so great when making cards like you do.
It was a fun weekend. I do plan on trying this idea out!

Scrapper69 said...

WOW! Look at how super organized you are! :o) I thought I was an organize freak! LOL
What a great idea for the sentiments! :o)