My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Birthday Cards using DCWV Summer Stacks!

I found these DCWV  short stacks at Joanns yesterday!
The newest "Summer Days" pads feature beautiful and fun graphics,
textured solid colors, and another stack of summer prints!
The "Spring Fling" pads are gorgeous!  There is a pad with adhesive on the back, too!
I also bought the Linen Closet collection because the colors/prints/patterns are wonderful!
Joanns was having a 40% sale on paper pads PLUS a 15% coupon on all items!
Now, this was a good day!
I used 1 sheet from this "Summer Days" collection!
I used 3 sheets from this "Summer Days" collection!
I used a Martha Stewart 'candle' paper punch, a Fiskars 'cupcake' paper punch, and a Hero Arts 'birthday' stamp to make....

3 Birthday cards!
First card...added some ribbon, a sentiment, and a candle!
I made the candle by punching 3 candles and gluing them together. 
Then tucked the candle into the bow.
This card was made by adding a stamped image, sheer ribbon, and strips of paper.
This card was made using the 'cupcake' punch from Fiskars and the Martha Stewart 'candle' paper punch.

Thank you for visiting my blog today!  Have a marvelous weekend!



14 comments:

Kimberli said...

Great cards, love that you made such unique cards using all the same materials - wonderful idea, thanks for the inspiration!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, I so appreciated it. How did the singing go? I am sure you did beautifully, wish I could have heard you sing. Both the cards are amazing, and I love them both, but especially liked the one with the candle... Have a wonderful day Carolyn.
Hugs from Ukiah

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lovely cards. And I too want to know how did your solo go....
I am sure you were wonderful! TFS

CREATIVE M said...

Love the idea of using the same materials to create different cards!Great shopping savings!

Melissa said...

The cards are so cute Carolyn!! I love how you tied in a candle into the bow on the first card! That is really a cute & great idea!! I am your newest follower & looked at your different projects on your blog & they are really cute!! Thanks for stopping by for Scrappin' Saturday!!
Melissa
http://scrappymacdesigns.blogspot.com/

JennyKozar said...

These are great!

Cricut Couple said...

Absolute Perfection! Now... Stop tempting me! Seriously... can't DCWV ever make anything ugly???? Hee! Hee! I am just loving the designs you are making with all of this! Perfection!!!

MLiss3 said...

Very cute cards. Looks like I may need to do a Joann's run soon.

Scrapper69 said...

I'm with the Cricut Couple! Stop tempting me! tehehhehe It really wouldn't matter.... I LOVE DCWV Stacks anyway! I have soooo many I don't know where to store them! LOL
Love all the cards! :o)

Josie0602 said...

I love these cards and those papers are so pretty!

Tracy
http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

Trent and Meg said...

Good work!!! :D

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great stacks! Super cards!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

I was just referred to this blog and now I may never get off the computer and get my house cleaned. you are all awesome. thanks for sharing!

Debbie said...

I am do sorry that posted so many times. my.computer went haywire