My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

DCWV Spring Fling!

The DCWV "Spring Fling" cardstock stacks are beautiful!  Here are a couple of cards that I made using the short stacks!
This stack has glitter added to several of the sheets!
This is the coordinated solid colored textured cardstock stack!
Used sheets from DCWV "Linen Closet" solid colored textured cardstock.
Used the Cuttlebug All-in-One Folder and the "Thank You" kit to emboss the base sheet for the card front.  The All-in-One folder embosses a larger area than the regular Cuttlebug embossing folders.
The embossed surface of the base of the card front.
A SpellBinders die was used to make the 3-D flower used on the front of the card. 
I quilled 3 different colors at one time to make a variegated flower.
I began the process of quilling with a quilling tool, but about half way through the flower, I removed the tool and finished by hand.
Hot glue was used on the bottom of the flower to hold the petals in place.
Leaves for the flower were created by embossing paper with the Cuttlebug "Destressed Stipes" embossing folder.  Spellbinders leaf dies were used to cut the leaves.
 A sentiment was added to the front, all the parts were adhered to the front, and 'Diamond Dust' Stickles was added to give more bling!  Dimensional foam tape was used to give height to some of the embellishments.
The completed card!
Here is another version of the card using the same embellishments.  I added two birds using a Fiskars paper punch.
Second card!

Thank you for visiting my blog!




20 comments:

JennyKozar said...

Just beautiful! Thank you for the awesome directions as well.

CREATIVE M said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!!!

Cricut Couple said...

You just had to go there, didn't you! Hee! Hee! I am so ready for spring flowers that I just can't stop buying paper. Hee! Hee! This is gorgeous! I need to practice more on the 3D flowers. Mine never seem to turn out.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Just GORGEOUS Carolyn, I love them both.. Hugs from Ukiah

Kim said...

Beautiful! Love DCWV and what you've done with it!

ChatterScene.com said...

Super pretty! TY for sharing the instructions:)
The paper is adorable.

Annmarie said...

You're skill and creativity amaze me!

Vanessa said...

These are so pretty! Thanks for sharing your talent!

Scrapper69 said...

GORGEOUS!!!! I LOVE the flower and of course the DCWV paper! :o)

lena said...

Wow. I love everything you did to your card. It is so pretty.

Trent and Meg said...

So pretty!!! LOVE this :)

DIANA L. said...

So sweet and so true what a beautiful card.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Houses Built of Cards said...

This is a BEAUTIFUL card!!! Don't know if you noticed at all, but you were picked as the random comment winner by Unity Stamps for last Friday's Friend's with Flair post! All the details are here:

http://theunitystampco.blogspot.com/2012/03/friends-with-flair-winners.html

Congrats my friend! You will LOVE your new goodies I'm sure!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Oh, my goodness! Thank you so much for letting me know about my winning! I am off right now to send the email!
Thank you for all the kind comments!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

OCCricut said...

Carolyn ... these are GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the design!

Stephanie

Inkyfingers said...

These are so beautiful Carolyn, and the variegated flower is genius - I would never have thought of that. I hope you concert went well and found you in good voice! It is such fun to sing isn't it?
Hugs
Carol x

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a beautiful card! The blowers are perfect. I bet she will love it! TFS

Missy said...

This is such a pretty card, the flower looks so pretty with all those colors!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These came out beautiful! Nicely done!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Maria Jhun said...

I am always looking forward to seeing what project you are going to do next and you give great directions to all of your projects!