My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Hello, from Jekyll island, Georgia!

Sunrise on Jekyll Island, Georgia!
One of the Crown Jewels of Georgia!

I am spending this week on Jekyll Island with my sister.  We are sprucing up their Villa at "Villas By The Sea" getting it ready for the coming season!

Today is a very emotional day for me!

I am visiting one of the most beautiful places on earth and I just found out that my darling daughter is planning a birthday day dinner for my 60th birthday!

However, we have had to put our 10 year old Rat Terrier furbaby to sleep this morning.
He had serious health issues that would involve extensive hospital stay, meds, tests, and over all 'stuff'.  He was in pain without much relief in sight. 
Maxwell has lived a full life and has been a joy to me.
I will miss Maxwell.
Goodbye, my little one!

13 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Carolyn I am sad to hear you had to put Maxwell to sleep, that is such a hard thing to have to do... But GOD is so good and has given you a wonderful daughter, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Caorlyn, and what a beautiful place to spend your birthday. I will be praying for you my friend.
Hugs from Ukiah

Vanessa said...

So sorry about the loss of your beloved Maxwell. Hopefully your beautiful surroundings will add a measure of comfort.

Best wishes for your upcoming birthday!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Carolyn!! I so missed seeing you this past weekend in Woodstock, but glad to see that you were visiting one of the most serene places I know of. So sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. ON a happier note, wishing you a very happy birthday. You and your daughter are blessed to have one another. Much love, elizabeth

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

So very sorry for the loss of your Maxwell :(. I do hope that you have a good birthday celebration, though. I'm sure Max will be looking down and would hope that his mommy have a good time even without him. We had to put our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel two years ago due to old age too and it was very tough because he was my "first born". Much love to you!

Ohhh Snap said...

My heartfelt condolences on your loss.

Hrvatica said...

So sorry about the loss of Maxwell. I do hope you have a good birthday and that being surrounded by those you love give you comfort.

Salmi said...

Add some more designs card for birthday's .....
Plastic Card
Plastic Business Cards
Scratch Card

Erna said...

I am sure that if Maxwell could do it all over again, he would choose you as a family! I know how you feel, I LOVE my animals! We are blessed to have them and in the end, privileged to make the right decision on their behalf. xxx

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Sorry to hear you had to put him down. They are just too precious. Hope the rest of the trip goes well.

Scrapper69 said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Maxwell, Carolyn.... :o(
I know you guys did what was best for him.... Having any pet suffer is sooo hard... On another note.... I hope you have a fabulous Birthday Dinner.... Sounds like fun! And such a beautiful scenery to boot.... Hugs and prayers to you my friend.... :O)

ddair said...

I am SO sorry to hear about Maxwell.I lost my 22 year old fur baby a few months ago. It still hurts.
I had came here to thank you for sharing your beautiful cards using the embossing plus folder.
Blessings,
Diania

Roxx.T Barnes said...

My heart goes out to you Carolyn. I am sorry,Maxwell was truely blessed to have such a loveing pet owner & family member as yourself.

I adore Jekyll Island!! My in-laws live in Brunswick & I'm planning on visiting this summer.
Roxx

cdm317 said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I know Maxwell is now vibrant again and playing happily amoung beautiful fields. He is waiting to be reunited one day with you at the Rainbow's Bridge.
Hugs,
Colleen