My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Lots of Creativity Going on Around Here!

This week has been dedicated to making cards for my sister.  She has given me ideas for cards that she would like to have made.  We have worked together to create most of these cards.  This has been a wonderful week because of visiting and creating with my sister.  However, I still have an empty place in my heart for my little furbaby, Maxwell, that was put to sleep on Monday.  Healing of my heart has begun, in large part to this wonderful week on Jekyll Island with my sister!
I made a collection of Easter cards for my sister's grandchildren. I bought two packages of  felt Easter embellishment from Michaels Craft Store.
I used supplies from my traveling crop stash.
The leaves are cut from a Tim Holtz die using my Cuttlebug.
The flowers are a Spellbinders spiral die.  The paper is from DCWV "Garden Party".
These notecards are created using the negative image from the Tim Holtz branch die.
All paper is DCWV (various stacks).
Collection of Easter cards using felt embellishments, Spellbinders dies, and DCWV paper.
More felt embellishments!
The sentiment was a $1.00 stamp from Michaels Craft Store.  I used only part of the stamp.
More felt!  The border is a punch by EK Success that was on clearance at Joann's Store.
Paper stickers and felt!
I used the sentiment felt embellishments inside the previous cards.
This card has a double front opening.
I cut slits and attached the ribbon behind the inside of the card.
See next photo.
The inside is a separate piece with the ribbon between the inside and outside of the card.
The last felt Easter card!
The next series of cards are for a man.  The cards are one piece with the writing area on the back, very similar to a postcard.  The scripture verses are from a set of clear stamps that was a gift from my friend in South Africa, Erna.
The stamps are from "JustRite Clear" and are designed to be used with Spellbinders dies.
Paper from DCWV and border punch from EK Success.
Paper is from "The Mariposa Matstack" by DCWV
Another card
The paper is so beautiful, we decided to just add a sentiment.
"The Mariposa Matstack" by DCWV
This is a birthday stamp, but I hid the birthday sentiment!
"Garden Party Matstack" by DCWV
Tim Holtz branch die
Another beautiful piece of cardstock from "The Mariposa Matstack"
The last one in this series of 'postcard' style cards.
This card was created using a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Spellbinders dies, and a sticker from "Studio112" Thank You Dimensional Stickers.
Another card
The next few cards were made by cutting a window into the card front and adding "Thinking of You" sentiment.  A strip of colorful cardstock was added.  The inside of the card allows room for a written message.  Spellbinder dies and Cuttlebug dies
were used to create the windows.
An assortment of paper was used, however DCWV matstacks were the main source of patterned paper.
A view of the opened card.
Spellbinders die was used.
Spellbinders die
Cuttlebug die was used.
Cuttlebug die
Spellbinders die
Last card in the series and last card of this post!
Spellbinders die
Early morning reflection in the marshes of Jekyll Island.
My sister and I walked 4 miles every morning and saw beautiful sights!

If you made it to the end of this post...Thank You!
Have a wonderful day!










17 comments:

Diane said...

Wow, you and your sister have been busy and love all your cards. It is so nice to see the Spring colors. I am so sorry to hear about Maxwell and thinking about you as your heart heals.

Maria said...

I am so sorry to hear about Maxwell. I am glad that you are able to spend some time away with your sister and get so much crafting done. All your cards are wonderful!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow - Wow - Wow, look at all these amazing cards. Love your creativity and hopefully this is making you feel better after your loss. TFS

Cricut Couple said...

Oh Carolyn, these cards are all just so beautiful. We are so sorry to hear about Maxwell. Been there and in a lot of ways, are still there. I still can't believe our little miss Boots is gone. I still see "The Look" that she would give me all the time and it hurts just as bad as the first day when she left us. Our hearts go out to you. Spending time doing other things helps. We have a bunch of things purchased that we want to scrapbook and a shadowbox that was want to make and we still haven't been able to bring ourselves to work on it. We are feeling your pain. Sending blessings and prayers your way.

Tanya said...

My goodness, you have been a busy lady and what beautiful results! Your cards are all just wonderful, I really love the Easter cards with the felt...too cute! I am so sorry to hear of your loss, but am happy to hear that you are able to spend some special time with your sister. Sending you warm thoughts..enjoy your "sisterly" time!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So sorry to hear about your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Your cards are wonderful! You guys did amazing work!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh my, you and your sister have been busy little bees..and what beautiful card

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Hate it when it sends and I am not done,,, beautiful cards Carolyn, I am glad you have your sister with you during this sad time
Hugs from ikiah

Crafty Starkie said...

Busy Bees! They are all wonderful! I really love the felt!

Scrapper69 said...

Oh WOW! Look at you go Carolyn! I can't even get one card done and you are just rockin' it! I'm so glad you're with your sister during this sad time of your loss... I hope being with her helps heal your heart... HUGS! ;O)

Roxx.T Barnes said...

Wow ! you are so creative!! I love how you can make so many cards & everyone looks better than the next! You are so lucky to have your sister come craft & enjoy Jekyll island with you.

Can't wai for my sister to come visit me for a Cricut Swarm in April!

Roxx

P.S Happy Birthday

MLiss3 said...

Lots of work! You have been busy and I'm glad you've enjoyed your time with your sister.
Miss you and home to see you soon!

ChatterScene.com said...

Wow! You have been busy! I love them all!

shutterbuggin said...

I'm sorry to hear about your beloved pet. it's always terrible when one passes. They really do become like a child.

Lovely cards and what a great time it sounds like you had with your sister. Those are wonderful moments to remember. I hope you took some pics of you creating.

cdm317 said...

Your post has the most beautiful cards today. It must have been very inspiring where you and your sister are staying.

Missy said...

WOW! All of your cards look terrific--you've been busy! So many fun color combos!!

Lynn said...

Adorable Cards! They inspire me to "hop to it"! Thanks for sharing!