My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Quick and Easy Collage Cards using DCWV "The Heirloom" Stack!

Collage cards are beautiful!  They are a little tricky for me.  I can't seem to combine layers and embellishments too well, so I use lots of examples from collage card artists!  However, I found a quick and easy way to make collage cards...very little layering and embellishments!

DCWV "The Heirloom" 12 x 12 inch Stack!

These pages are designed for scrapbooking, but they make wonderful collage cards!
The images are already layered!
I found this set of Fiskars sentiment clear stamps at Joann's.  They are perfect for the cards!
I will show the page that was used and then the card I created.
Each card measures 5 inch x 7 inch when folded.
All the "layers" are from the top left corner of the paper.
The background paper is from the stack, too!
The sentiment is printed on paper and layered on Vellum.
Musical score!
All papers from the stack!
Border punch by Martha Stewart.
Ribbon from Joann's
Can't remember where I got the plastic heart shape.
Used the top left corner of the sheet.
All paper from the stack.
Butterfly punch and border from Martha Stewart collection.
Oval scallop layer from Spellbinders.
I used this sheet for 2 cards.  I am saving the chandelier!
All papers from the stack.
The Tower is from a sheet of images in the stack.
A sheet (total of 3) of coordinating images is included in the stack.
I used the Tower on the previous card.
All the papers are from the stack.  The "layers" are from the previous page.
"Inspire" is from a sheet of sentiments that is included in the stack.
Twine is used to keep the owl on the page! :0)
A beautiful page for journaling in a scrapbook!
The image makes a collage card!
What a fun page!
I have had the tiny "Scrabble" letters for years!  I knew I would be able to use them one day!
This card is for a "Scrabble" addict!

I created all of these cards in about 2 1/2 hours.
 The fabulous papers from DCWV "The Heirloom" Stack made these cards quick and easy!

Thank you for visting my blog!

I am the featured designer on "She's a Sassy Lady" Blog today!


17 comments:

ChatterScene.com said...

I love it! The paper is so cute!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Carolyn these cards are awesome. I love the collage look that you are using. They are all wonderful Thanks for sharing with us today at She's A Sassy Lady.

Houses Built of Cards said...

What a lovely set of cards! Beautiful work!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Carolyn, you do such beautiful work.. i always love to stop by and visit.. very very pretty. hugs from ukiah

Inkyfingers said...

Such different looks on each of these lovely cards Carolyn. The scrabble card makes me smile because I have recently got hooked an phone scrabble with my eldest son. I'm so glad you had a good birthday and I hope you enjoy your party on 1st April which would have been my Mum's birthday.
Hugs
Carol x

Bobby said...

This reminds me of a stack I have called "Lost and Found" from MME. I love taking the corners and making cards out of them.

Kimberli said...

Great cards! I love the scrabble letter one!

lena said...

Hi Carolyn
I try looking for your email and I wanted to tell you won the bling cricut expression dust cover. Email me your address and sent it out to you. Thanks for playing.

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Oh, my goodness, Lena! Thank you so much! My contact info is cccscraproom@windstream.net
I went to your blog and left the info, too!
Carolyn

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are all gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeee the colors and loving the crossword one! I have those scrabble alphas too!! They are so FUN!!!

Milamemories (M&M) said...

They are all amazing!! Love the scrabble card!!

Hugs,

Mila

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These came out great! You really worked nicely with the paper!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Traci said...

I love this paperpack! My friend just shared some pages with me, so thanks for the ideas.

Scrappin with the bug said...

Sooo cute. Love that stack - would make for family layouts. Love it.

Scrapper69 said...

Oh WOW! Those ALL turned out soooo pretty! Heck more like GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE the look of ALL of them.... :o)

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Very pretty papers!

OCCricut said...

Again, in AWE!!