My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Shadow Box Card using Cricut Cartridge "Wild Card"

The base for this card is created using the Cricut Cartridge "Wild Card" and the Gypsy.
The window shadow box is #49 on the overlay of the Wild Card cartridge.
I will use the window box for the front of the card.
The solid box will be trimmed and used as the card base.
The window base has been cut and scored.
I have applied 1/8th inch Tacky Tape on the flaps.
The background inside the shadow box is icon #9 from the Wild Card Cartridge.
The leaves are icon #25.  The flowers are icon #11
The green background paper has been embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.
The flowers have been colored with Copic Markers and decorated with gemstones.
Placement of the background before closing the shadow box.
Butterflies on a branch from the Cricut Lite Cartridge "Botanicals" will be added to the background before closing the shadow box.
Butterflies on a Branch!
Dimension taple has been added for depth.  Some gemstones and clear glitter Gel Pen are added for interest.
The butterflies are positioned on the background and glued with dimensional tape.
The white flowers are from "Wild Card".
Sheer ribbon has been adhered to the edges of the shadow box using 1/8th inch tape.   Length was left to tie a bow on the side of the shadow box.
A Martha Stewart Butterfly paper punch and gemstones was used to complete the shadow box.
The solid box was trimmed to create the card base.  The shadow box was glued to the front of the card base.  The inside of the card using white and blue paper for the sentiment/message.  The flower is from the "Wild Card" cartridge.

Thank you for visiting my blog today!
Have a wonderful week!



18 comments:

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.com) said...

I love this use of that cut! I just pulled out my Wildcard handbook and I have notes on that page so I guess I have made this cut, yet I have several times wished for a shadowbox card cut!!!

Thank you so much for sharing this! Now I need to go try it for myself!

Thanks, as always, for sharing your crafty mind with us!! Love this beautiful project!

Nadia

Tanya/Nonna said...

My goodness, this is just a beautiful card! I love the shadowbox effect and your colors and images are just so soft and pretty. Thanks for sharing such a great step by step tutorial! Just gorgeous!

Creative M said...

Beautiful Box Card!Amazing job!Anyone will love it!

Cassie said...

Love your project thanks so much for sharing :)

Vanessa said...

What a clever idea! The card is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the details.

Sonya said...

What a stunning creation!!

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Hi Carolyn,
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your nice comment. This box card is beautiful, so much great detail. I'm off to look more at your blog.... I'm a new follower of you too. :)

Sheila... said...

Your card box is really nice! thanks for becoming a follower. Sheila, FCCB DT

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, what a gorgeous box!!! I love the details-they are fabulous! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower...I am a new follower of yours to!!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Nana Donna said...

Wow it is beautiful. So much work but oh so worth it

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Carolyn, this is simply awesome.. i love it.
i found a few Bible verse stamps on line and ordered me some... hugs

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great shadow box! Love the great colors!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Beautiful card. Love the shape and the detail! TFS

Scrapper69 said...

Wowzers Carolyn! This is wonderful! I love the 3d effect and all the elements you put together..... Very Cool!
I should try and make one of these but alas...
I'm tooo lazy for that! LOL
I'll just admire your work instead! :o)

Kim said...

I didn't know you can make a shadow box card with this cartridges. Reading how to do this still has me confused. Do you have to have the gypsy to do this?

Arcy Scraps said...

this is a very beautiful box!

Kimberli said...

This is gorgeous, thanks for the amazing details!

Erna said...

It just keeps getting better and better!