My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Stampendous "Inspired Icons", Flocking, Zig Glue, and More!

I found this wonderful set of stamps on the clearance shelf at Hobby Lobby!
I had the most fun creating cards with this set!
Most of the cards that I made have flocking.
I used the Zig glue stick with the pen tip.  What a marvelous way to put flocking exactly where you want it. 
With the precision placement of glue, I was able to control where the flocking was applied.
I applied the flocking.
The flocking worked beautifully with the Zig glue pen!
Close up view!
The finished card!
I found this Sizzix die at Joann's during a sale.  This has to be one of my favorite dies!  I use it in my Cuttlebug.  Each little section of the branch can be cut and used in so many ways!
I used a Cuttlebug folder to help create this card.  Then added white yarn for interest.  I did not use flocking on this card.  The stamp alone was enough.
This card was made using the Cuttlebug Two-in-One embossing folder "Elegant".
The dove is flocked.
Flocking and Copic Marker was used on the sun.
Close up!
More flocking and Copic Marker!
Close up!
Close up!
The world has been flocked!
I used Copic Marker to outline the land.
The star was created with a clear glitter gel pen.
Close up!
This card was stamped using embossing markers.  Flocking was applied to the heart and the center of the flowers.
Close up!

I hope you have enjoyed these simple and quick cards.
Comments are loved and appreciated!
Have a wonderful weekend!











8 comments:

LindaV said...

I love all of these cards BUT I have to say I never heard of a clear glitter gel pen. I NEED ONE OF THOSE!!! I am going on a hunt for one this weekend!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow, look at you go. You amaze me when you start creating you are like an every ready bunny.... you just keep going and going! Thanks for sharing.

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.com) said...

I always love your cards and thank you for the flocking tip! I have never thought of that!

Hrvatica said...

Wow you've been busy! All your cards are wonderful. Love the precision flocking technique and I'm gonna have to try it.

Scrapper69 said...

Look at you Carolyn! Everytime I come here you've made like a billion cards! each one so creative and fun! LOVE the flocking! I have the stuff but never used it! I know..... Shame on me! :o) I may have to try it after seeing these fun cards! :o)

Mary said...

Your cards are awesome! Thanks for the flocking tip! Now I have to go try that out!

Lori said...

Wow! You've been a busy bee!! Love your cards. The flocking tip is great because I have had some flocking powder sitting in my craft room and it's begging to be used. Thanks!

Kimberli said...

Gorgeous cards, now I must go in search for some flocking!!! ;) I have some of those glue pens and never use them, so now once I have some flocking in my hands, I will be using them - thanks for the wonderful tip and all the pics of before/after!