My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Birthday Card from Cuttlebug Tutorial 5 "Using Tim Holtz, Sizzix, Spellbinders Dies"

"A Little Bit of Everything"
This card  has a little bit of all the companies!  I even used a Cuttlebug embossing folder!

For more information about using brands other than Provocraft embossing folders and dies in the Cuttlebug, please click here....

The colors that I used for the images in the previous post where chosen by random!
I needed a piece of paper to match the images...and here it is!  I found this in my paper stash!
I cut a piece of the rose paper to fit an A2 card.  then glued the printed paper on a diagonal on the card front.
I turned the papers over and trimmed away the edges.
This became my card base.
In the previous post I used the Tim Holtz die "Sewing Room".
The rose is created from the Spellbinders die "Spiral Blossom Two"
To add interest to the spool, I embossed it with
Cuttlebug embossing folder "Distressed Stripes"
Then wrapped the spool with ordinary sewing thread.  I cut a small slip on the top of the spool to hold the end of the thread.
For the dress I cut another image in blue and trimmed away the parts that I didn't want.  Then added some pen stitching, a ribbon around the waist, and a pendant bead from Joanns threaded on a piece of the ribbon.
I started the flower created from the Spellbinders spiral blossom with a quilling tool, but removed it and rolled with my fingers.  I let the coil relax, glued the flower to the base, and added a few little leaves.
The inside sentiment is a die from Sizzix.  The button is from the TH die.
The flower is glued to the cardbase, the dress/stand and spool of thread are attached with dimensional tape to give depth.

For more information about the Cuttlebug, please follow the links in the following post

Thank you for visiting my blog today!
Have a wonderful week!



8 comments:

Barb F said...

These tutorials are just wonderful!!!! Thanks!!!

Creative M said...

Amazing Tutorials!!!Gorgeous Card!TFS

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Great tutorials and love this card. TFS

Vanessa said...

Great card! What a cute idea to wrap the spool with thread! Thanks for sharing the details!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

i love that flower... thanks for the tutorials Carolyn....

Missy said...

These are some great tutorials!! (thank you!!!) I love the flower you used on this one!!

Scrapper69 said...

oooohhhh this is very pretty! :o)

Houses Built of Cards said...

This is SOOO cute! I just LOVE how you wrapped the thread around the spool and added the necklace on the dress!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com