My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Buttons and Bows!

I created this card for a challenge on
My Craft Spot Blog "Monday Challenge # 57 Buttons and Bows!"
Elements of the  card!
Black sheer ribbon and a 'Cameo' shank button will be used.
I am leaving the shank on the button because to remove the shank will
cause the cameo to fall out.
The background for the button is created by using several sizes of the scalloped and plain oval Spellbinders Nestibilities dies.  The bottom layer is DCWV gold glitter paper.  Walmart Colorbok white and black textured paper is used for the other layers.
A craft knife and paper piercer was used to punch a hole in the center of the layers of paper.
The button shank was pushed through to the back and then tied with ribbon to prevent the button from falling out.
To get the ribbon on the front of the card, I cut a slit on each side on the bottom section of the inside of the card.  The ribbon was threaded into the slot on either side.
A piece of white paper was cut to fit inside the card to cover the ribbon and for the sentiment.
Stamped sentiment
White paper was cut to fit each side and gold trim was added.
The corners were rounded.
The button layer was adhered to one side of the card front.
The card is ready to sign, close and tie the ribbon into a bow!
"Button and Bow" Birthday Card!

Thank you for visiting my blog!






11 comments:

Erna said...

Ah, let me be the first to say - beautiful! In Afrikaans (which is my first language) - pragtig!

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty...love the vintage look. Lee-Ann :)

Houses Built of Cards said...

This came out beautiful! LOVE that cameo!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Creative M said...

Beautiful card!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Carolyn it turned out just gorgeous... love the cameo. It's a very stunning card.
hugs

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Carolyn this is a beautiful card. I love the design and the black and white is perfect for it. TFS

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Oh My that is absolutely beautiful - I love the button and how you secured it. What a fabulous idea. TFS

GiGi said...

Very pretty card! I love the gold lace and cameo button center. Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

Marlene said...

Lovely Card! Thank You for playing along with us at My Craft Spot - "Buttons & Bows"!

Marlene
MCS DT Member

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Such a beautiful cameo card, very clever how you attached the button leaving the shank on. Lovely! Thank you for joining us at My Craft Spot!

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Woot Woot you just hit 340 followers and happy to have join them. I love this card. Great colors and I love the frames. TFS AJ~