My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Color Challenge

This project is for the Color Challenge at "I Came, I Saw, I Created" Blog.
Card base and flower vase cut from Cricut Cartridge CTMH "Art Philosopy"
The flowers are quilled using the Cuttlebug Quilled Daisy and Rose Kits.
The vase was cut 3 times and layered with dimensional tape to give it depth.  The top layer was embossed using the Cuttlebug folder "Diamond Plate".  It is very hard to see, but the 'diamond' embossing reminded me of white milk glass.
The beaded trim is from Hobby Lobby.  I used a line of Glossy Accents to adhere the trim.
The quilled flowers are created using Cuttlebug Daisy and Rose Quilling Kits.
Click here for a tutorial on the Cuttlebug Quilling Daisy Kit
All the elements are attached, but I felt something was missing.
I glued the card base to a white background paper that has been embossed with "Diamond Plate" and then framed the card.  The frame is from a pack of two that I bought at a Dollar Store.  A few gems were added for interest.
The card opens to reveal a sentiment from Stampin' Up!
Card in a Frame!

Thank you visiting my blog!



5 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

So very pretty Carolyn, the flowers are beautiful.

Melissa said...

This is very clever and pretty too.

Creative M said...

OMG!Beautiful!I absolutely Love it!

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH!!! This is soooo pretty! I LOVE all the details and layering.... It really "POPS"! I can totally see this in a frame Carolyn.... Beautifully Done! :o)

RockinRenee said...

Awesome job at your quilled flowers! I also love how you created dimension by cutting several layers. It really gives it a professional appearance. Thank you for participating in this week's Creative Color Challenge,
Renee @ icameisawicreated.blogspot.com