My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

CTMH Birthday Card

Birthday Blessings!
The card was made using images from Close to My Heart stamp set, Close to My Heart Paper pack, and a Stampabilities sentiment stamp.
The card front was made using CTMH "Dotty For You" double-sided paper.
I cut the largest card front layer, the second layer from blue paper, then measured and cut the third layer from the center of the first layer.  I wanted to use both sides of the paper, but didn't want to waste paper.  So, I used the center of the first layer.
Here are the three layers glued together.
To create the flower, I stamped several images on blue cardstock.
I cut out each layer by cutting away part of the image each time.
After cutting each layer I inked each edge with black ink.
The layers are adhered together using dimensional tape.  This gives the flower a 3-D effect.  I stamped multiples of the leaf, cut them out, and then foam taped two images together.
A white Gel Pen was used to highlight the center of the flower.
Three butterfly images were stamped,  cut out,  and then adhered together with foam tape.  White Gel Pen was used to accent the butterfly.
Spellbinders Nestabilities were used to create the center. 
The sentiment is a Stampabilities stamp.
A birthday blessing!

I have entered this card into a challenge on "She's A Sassy Lady" Blog
Visit Shelia's blog and enter the card challenge!
Thank you for visting my blog!
Comments are appreciated and loved!
Have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Vickie said...

Very pretty card. I love the flower.


vickiesscrappings.blogspot.com

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a beautiful card.. The flower is so beautiful, thanks for the tutorial on how you made it .

Erna said...

Beautiful - LOVE the rose!

Sis Patterson said...

Wonderful layers of color - and so lovely! Your flowers and butterfly are perfect and the spellbinder blue frame draws you in to your great focal points.

Vanessa said...

Beautiful card! I love the 3-d effect. Thanks for the tutorial!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a beautiful card. Love the design and the colors are awesome. Thanks for sharing and playing along at She's A Sassy Lady!

Scrapper69 said...

Another "WOW" moment! LOL Such a pretty card! I love all the layering and the details you've given us.... I can totally "COPY"... OOPS.... I mean "CAS" this card from you! LOL