My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cuttlebug Tutorial Part 1 "Embossing Folders"

"Cuttlebug" mechanical embossing and die cut machine
by Provocraft
This little beauty is my favorite of all the papercrafting machines/tools that I own!
I use it more often than any other die cutting machine.

I have developed a tutorial for using the "Cuttlebug".
I am not employed by Provocraft.  These are my opinions and projects.  Everything is taken from my personal experience using the "Cuttlebug".

Part 1 is about the machine and how to use embossing folders.

Place the Cuttlebug on a flat surface.  To  stablilize the machine, open the sides at the same time.  This creates a suction onto the table top.
This model comes with 'plates' to move through the machine and an embossing folder "Tiny Flowers".  You will receive 1 "A" Plate and 2 "B" Plates.
Cut a piece of paper to fit inside the embossing folder.  I will be using white paper for this demonstration.
Open the folder and place the paper inside.  Be sure to practice this procedure.  Please notice which embossed side that you like the best.  Some of my folders make the impression toward the back of the folder.  I make note of this on the outside of the folder so that I will know which side to place the front of paper against.
This folder makes the best impression on the front of the folder as shown.
Create the 'sandwich' from the plates, folder, and paper.  All of this will be sent through the Cuttlebug.  A plate on the bottom, B plate, embossing folder (with paper inside), B plate
Give the 'sandwich' a slight push to begin the process.  Turn the handle and help the 'sandwich' go through the rollers.
Remove the paper from the folder and you will have an embossed paper.  Enlarge this picture for a better view of the embossed surface.
Close up!

See how it easy it is!
There are hundreds of embossing folders available.  You are limited only by your imagination!







Thank you for visiting my blog!
Comments are always appreciated!




1 comment:

Sukie said...

This is great, I won a Cuttlebug during NSD challenges on the Circle Blog and can't wait to get it. I have always used my Sizzix so your tutorials are very timely. Thanks!