My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cuttlebug Tutorial Part 6 "The Disney 2-Step Cut and Emboss Sets"

The "Cuttlebug" is a mechanical die cutting and embossing machine made by
ProvoCraft.
I am not employed by Provocraft. These are my own personal experiences and opinions using the Cuttlebug.

Provocraft developed a series of Disney Cutting Die and Embossing Folder sets several years ago.  These sets were eventually sold in Big Lots stores.  I was able to buy a collection of the Disney 2-step sets.  I am not really a fan of Minnie and Mickey, but I did like the dies and folders that came with the sets.
"Disney 2-Step" is my personal name for this set of die and folder.
The sets are unique!  I had to use trial and error to really figure out how to use them.
This is the best way that I found to use the die and folder together.
First, I cut out the images.
A plate
B plate
die (with foam side up)
paper
B plate
Second step...I opened the embossing folder and placed the cut images (front side of paper facing up) over the places on the embossing folder.  I placed the paper carefully to cover all the raised edges.  A pair of craft tweezers works great for this positioning job!
Third step...Carefully lower the top of the embossing folder onto the cut images.  You will be able to see where the embossing is going to be on the paper.  You can make adjustments as needed.  Once you get the paper where you want it, hold the embossing folder together firmly as you move it to the Cuttlebug.  The images inside will slide around if you don't hold it firmly.
 Roll the 'sandwich' through the Cuttlebug.  The images will move around inside the folder if you do not continue to use firm pressure on the embossing folder.
A plate
B plate
Embossing Folder (paper inside)
B plate (when embossing, I use an unscratched B Plate)
Here are the images after embossing.  Enlarging the screen will aid in
seeing the embossed area.
This is another Disney 2-Step Cut and Emboss set.
Close up of an image after cutting and embossing.
Quick card made from Disney 2-Step Cut and Emboss Set!
Inside card!

Thank you for visiting my blog!
Please visit these posts for all the Cuttlebug tutorials!



6 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Very interesting. I only have a couple dies for my Cuttlebug and with this seriees it makes me want more! TFS

Scrapper69 said...

Very Cute card Carolyn! :o)

Hrvatica said...

Thanks for the tutorial. I've got one of these two step dies that I haven't used yet, so your post was very topical for me.

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute!!! Great tutorial too:) TFS!

Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Adorable, but why would you do it in that order, where it's fiddly to line them all up? Wouldn't it be easier to emboss them first, and then cut the entire sheet into the die cuts?

Carolyn Lineberger said...

Thank you for leaving a comment, Anonymous, and you are correct. I believe this die/emboss set was one of the first that I worked with. With practice I have become more experienced with what works best. Thanks for your suggestion.
Carolyn